TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Technology, Gamers and Gadgets (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f24-technology-gamers-gadgets/)
-   -   Skype? :/ (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f24-technology-gamers-gadgets/t158100-skype/)

Svetlanavolkova December 31st 2018 01:13 AM

Skype? :/

I don’t have Skype and wanted to know if the calls or messages I made on it would show up on the phone bill. I obviously wouldn’t expect to pay for it, I’m just wondering before I download it.

Kintsukuroi. December 31st 2018 02:20 AM

Re: Skype? :/

I know for me personally when I use Skype it uses internet or my data. If I don’t have wifi, it will use my allotted data. My cell company doesn’t show what I do to use the data but rather it just shows how many gigabytes I used! I don’t even think I have my cell phone number attached to my skype account.

Svetlanavolkova December 31st 2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexify. (Post 1336304)
I know for me personally when I use Skype it uses internet or my data. If I don’t have wifi, it will use my allotted data. My cell company doesn’t show what I do to use the data but rather it just shows how many gigabytes I used! I don’t even think I have my cell phone number attached to my skype account.

So to be clear Skype or who I contacted on Skype wouldn’t show up on my bill? Sorry, just trying to clarify 😅

Clarent December 31st 2018 02:59 PM

It shouldn't I believe.

Ennui. December 31st 2018 07:03 PM

I’ve never had Skype show up on my bill! It’s not even connected, I don’t think.

Kintsukuroi. December 31st 2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svetlanavolkova (Post 1336319)
So to be clear Skype or who I contacted on Skype wouldn’t show up on my bill? Sorry, just trying to clarify ��

It shouldn’t! I know that I’ve had Skype for years and it has never physically showed up that I use it or anything on my cell phone bill. The only thing that it shows is how much data I use per day (not what I use it on). I just checked and my phone number isn’t even attached to my account. If you’re worried, you can always contact your provider and clarify or even contact Skype. :)

Svetlanavolkova January 1st 2019 04:00 PM

Thanks! Really helps, you guys :)

Effy2018 January 1st 2019 10:48 PM

None of my calls on Skype have ever came up on my phone bills :)

MacBeth January 3rd 2019 07:18 PM

Is Skype still a thing? Lots of my friends have already quitted it

Sophie77 January 24th 2019 02:54 AM

It seems to me that Skype has long gone.. I like Discord more.

MsNobleEleanor January 24th 2019 02:53 PM

Since the OP's question has been answered I am going to go ahead and close this thread. If you would like the thread to be reopened, OP, send myself or my fellow Moderator a PM.

caitlynz April 23rd 2020 12:46 AM

no skype is free if the other person has skype installed,you can only get billed if you buy credits with credit card to call a phone number