TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Technology, Gamers and Gadgets (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f24-technology-gamers-gadgets/)
-   -   Social Media. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f24-technology-gamers-gadgets/t159032-social-media/)

DeletedAccount59 June 30th 2019 09:36 PM

Social Media.

So, this kinf of have become a huge part of our lives in the past decade. Ten/fifteen years ago (if you are old enough) we were using platforms like Myspace, Friendster, Hi5, maybe even Orkut if you bypassed the country filter.

But now we have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, and more I might not know about.

So, the question is this: What social platform do you use the most?

Celyn July 1st 2019 12:25 PM

Re: Social Media.

I voted Facebook but it was a close call between that and Twitter. I use Facebook mostly for keeping in touch with friends and finding out about stuff in my area or certain interests. Twitter is purely for my interests but I still log in daily. I don't really use instagram much but I love scrolling through all the photos from the people I follow as they are usually nature or animal photos :hehe: I rarely use snapchat except from when I'm with my friend as she likes to take pictures and mess around :p

I'm actually late to the social media scene as I only joined social media in 2011 and never used myspace, bebo etc.

Ennui. July 1st 2019 07:37 PM

I definitely use Facebook the most due to Facebook Messenger and a lot of the tag groups. I'm in a lot of childfree ones.
The one I use the second most is Tumblr but I don't interact with people on it (minus the people I already knew off of Tumblr?). Like I don't interact with random followers or anything.
I use Instagram and Snapchat sometimes but not super often.
I don't use Twitter at all.

Chai. July 2nd 2019 08:02 AM

I use Instagram a lot! I have a Facebook but I also have a lot of family on there, so I regulate my usage of it. I am active on a couple of Facebook groups, which is of like minded people with similar interests and activism. I deleted Snapchat a couple of months ago, since the people I had on there, I could also keep in touch with on WhatsApp and the above mentioned apps. Never used tumblr or twitter, I think I have an account on both but I haven't used them since I registered.

Dawn. July 2nd 2019 08:40 AM

I use Facebook and Instagram the most. I do have an account with Snapchat and the app on my phone but I never use it. :nosweat:

DeletedAccount69 July 4th 2019 11:38 AM

I picked Facebook but I think I use Facebook and Instagram the most.

I have a Twitter but I don't tend to get on that often. I mostly just follow authors and book tubers there anyway so there's nothing special.

I like Facebook cause I can keep up with old friends and some family.

DeletedAccount57 July 4th 2019 11:48 PM

Facebook is the only one that I use at the moment, but even that I don't post to. I'm pretty introverted, so I don't post a ton of personal updates on social media; I just use it to keep in touch with people. :)

I used to use SnapChat more when my sister lived at school (she liked to send me pictures), but now that she's home I don't use it at all. I'm not really a picture person, so neither SnapChat nor Instagram has a huge appeal for me. I also don't really like Twitter or Tumblr because people can get really intense and it seems like there are a lot of arguments.

So yeah, I guess I'm not really a social media person! I enjoy forums, though. :D Quora is another site that is pretty neat; I have used that before.

~Kylie

Kintsukuroi. July 5th 2019 07:16 AM

The only social media account that I use is Snapchat. I don’t use Facebook or Instagram or Twitter and I prefer it that way. I’m not someone who likes to take pictures or post of themselves but I like that I can control who in my family can see what I post or send them. :nosweat: It also allows me to keep in contact with friends as well as see their posts.

Silvan July 5th 2019 08:21 AM

I only use Facebook, so it wasn't a tough choice for me :nosweat: Maybe not even fb itself, I mostly use messenger.

Arabesque- golfing girl. July 7th 2019 08:47 PM

I picked Facebook. :)I have a Instagram account too.

DeletedAccount59 July 13th 2019 12:01 AM

Just realized I didn't vote on my own poll. :nosweat:

I'm pretty isolated as well on social media, as some of you have said.

I don't use any of the platform super religiously, mostly Facebook and Instagram; but even then the posts are rare and far in between. I can go weeks without posting on either IG or Facebook. Nearly all of my activity is restricted to messaging.

I think Tumblr and Twitter are too niche and just not my thing. I have an account, but never use either one of them. Never really got the hang of Snapchat and I don't care to.

DeletedAccount63 July 14th 2019 04:42 PM

I use Instagram a lot more then the others since I have three accounts I'm on regularly. I mainly use Facebook just to reading funny things and talking to a couple of people.

DeletedAccount59 July 16th 2019 12:41 AM

Twitter... I don't know what the heck happened to Twitter since yesterday, but I hate it.

Oh, well. Just going to cancel my accounts. No big loss on that playform. :)

Kleeeniks July 19th 2019 10:02 AM

Instagramm better,coz it's cheaper and avalaible

dustine79 September 14th 2021 08:22 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chai. (Post 1342705)
I use Instagram a lot! I have a Facebook but I also have a lot of family on there, so I regulate my usage of it. I am active on a couple of Facebook groups, which is of like minded people with similar interests and activism. I deleted Snapchat a couple of months ago, since the people I had on there, I could also keep in touch with on WhatsApp and the above mentioned apps. Never used tumblr or twitter, I think I have an account on both but I haven't used them since I registered.

I am surprised to see that WhatsApp is not even mentioned in the voting section

which is a very popular social media platform

Dawn. September 16th 2021 06:18 AM

I use Facebook and Instagram the most. I don't have the other 3.

Tennant November 8th 2021 12:32 AM

I use Facebook, however, I rarely go there. Once used often, however, now, due to the number of problems, I practically do not use it.

Ariel008 December 19th 2021 10:34 AM

If you want to grow in your business rather than stay in place, you can look for acquaintances or friends who are more successful than you. Or you can read various articles and blogs on the subject. There are also a lot of social media support platforms, and many successful business people use these platforms. But most importantly, you need to start by listening to critiques of what your audience doesn't like and trying to fix it. Hope that helped.