TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Technology, Gamers and Gadgets (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f24-technology-gamers-gadgets/)
-   -   Instagram (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f24-technology-gamers-gadgets/t159452-instagram/)

DeletedAccount59 November 15th 2019 08:49 PM

Instagram

Am I the only one who finds it frustrating how Instagram is not desktop friendly? Shock, some people still use computers! D:

But seriously... Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Reddit are desktop friendly. You can do just as much on a computer as you can on the mobile app. I prefer not to use apps on my phone, so if I want to upload a pic to Instagram, I should be able to do it from the computer. :glare:

Call me old school... or old timer. Whatever. But the fact of the matter is... People still use computers, Instagram.

Anyone else struggle with this?

Ennui. November 16th 2019 03:45 AM

Re: Instagram

I kind of have mixed feelings. I don't actually find Facebook to be that computer friendly either because a lot of the time it actually is super slow on my computer, and Tumblr is kind of the same. But maybe it's just my Internet. I'd like the option to be able to easily use both platforms without it being slow. D:

mitchellkilday November 18th 2019 08:26 AM

Facebook has been doing good job,but i am using Youtube on my computer now.

Dawn. November 21st 2019 01:54 AM

I don't think I've ever used Instagram on my laptop before. I only ever use Facebook to upload photos for my photography business and that's only every so often when I do have time for a photography job. :nosweat:

DeletedAccount63 November 21st 2019 08:05 AM

I’m not sure how old your computer is, or if it has the ability to instal apps. My laptop does and I am able to upload pictures to Instagram on the computer app. The only thing it doesn’t allow is you to see other people’s highlights on the computer app. I’d maybe check that out.

Jordioa18 November 21st 2019 08:19 PM

I'm starting to evolve with the times and accept that apps/media might be better optimized for mobile than pc's at times.

One handy tip, if you're interested in Android on your pc, download Bluestacks. It's an emulator where apps like Instagram and WhatsApp work like on mobile, but instead of touch screen, you use your mouse.

Celyn November 22nd 2019 09:59 AM

I'm the same. I use the browser (not the app) for Facebook and Twitter on my laptop but I only use Instagram on my phone (as an app) as I didn't like that I couldn't do much with the browser version. I've not tried the apps from the app store for computer though. I find them to be clunky at times.

DeletedAccount59 November 22nd 2019 09:30 PM

Celyn, me too. Plus, you never know who the actual manufacturer is and could be phishware for all you know!

Jordi and Frankie, can you please provide screen captures for this so I know what app you are talking about?

ceciharri25 November 30th 2019 07:08 AM

I agree, the application runs smoothly on smartphones but I can't enjoy the same features on my desktop computer...

DeletedAccount63 December 2nd 2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serendipity. (Post 1346483)
Celyn, me too. Plus, you never know who the actual manufacturer is and could be phishware for all you know!

Jordi and Frankie, can you please provide screen captures for this so I know what app you are talking about?

Are you on a computer that has the Microsoft app? If so just go to your App Store on the computer and type instagram and it will come up with the app download sign in and it works like smartphone except you can’t see highlights

Christopher55 December 26th 2019 12:58 PM

Yes, I agree. Using instagram on a desktop is not a good experience. It it lacking many features when compared to the mobile apps.

However, there are some tools that help you use instagram on computer with full functionality and you can use it just as you do on your smartphones.

HowardWow2020 September 1st 2020 01:24 PM

Switched to the phone version a long time ago

DeletedAccount59 September 2nd 2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormy Rainbow (Post 1346969)

Are you on a computer that has the Microsoft app? If so just go to your App Store on the computer and type instagram and it will come up with the app download sign in and it works like smartphone except you can’t see highlights

Holy crap, I'm just seeing this now... nine months later. :nosweat:

Thanks!

Also, can this thread please be locked?

Naughty Dog February 8th 2021 01:17 PM

Instagram turned into a social network full of ads unfortunately let alone talks about privacy infridgements.

MsNobleEleanor February 10th 2021 01:51 PM

Closed, as requested by OP.