TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

E3 2009 - June 5th 2009, 01:48 AM

So, I'm on a bit of a kick from watching all the E3 videos posted recently. The Playstation Motion Controller and the Beatles Rock Band intro being two of my favorite parts. What were your favorite moments of E3 this year?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Deep Brown Eyes Offline
Hic Sunt Dracones
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: E3 2009 - June 5th 2009, 11:04 AM

I haven't watched in it in full, but I saw clips while a friend was watching it next to me.
The XBOX 360 motion camera looks pretty neat, so I'm looking forward to that. It's either going to be a disappointing fail, or an epic win.
I saw a bit of Splinter Cell: Conviction, and to be honest, I'm not that impressed. I think they scrapped everything they had last year and started it again? I was really looking forward to what they had planned last year - you could actively interact with your surroundings, like picking up a chair by its legs and smashing into an enemy, and Sam Fisher's onscreen actions would be fluid and realistic.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: E3 2009 - June 5th 2009, 02:42 PM

The two controllers from Sony and Microsoft look AMAZING! But thats all ive seen of it

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: E3 2009 - June 5th 2009, 02:51 PM

Horrible!

TOO MANY GOOD GAMES around the corner... for the PC

Metal Gear Rising
New Castlevainia
COD6
Just Cause 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
Mass Effect 2
Left 4 dead 2
Alan Wake.... EWWW that game is too intense. It needs a quad core to play at max settings.

Too many games. So little to spend in terms of time studying and money for buying video games

Also I think Microsoft Natal will be a epic win. Because Micrsoft is really improving. Have you ever tried Windows 7???

There exclusives are crazy now. Xbox 360 is the best main stream for the hardcore gamers. And now there came cheaper to play for an entire family... with easier access.

BTW sony's controller is the lame! it will not fly. Its so cheap looking. IT will cost more then it should and do little more than a wii controller. On the other hand MS camera will be cheaper than the wii controllers if you buy them a bundle. As a wii owner. I have 4 controllers it cost me about 60 dollars per controller... Natal will probaly cost 99 dollars which is good for 4 players plus more functionalty. I see value in Microsoft now.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: E3 2009 - June 5th 2009, 04:03 PM

Tbh, NATAL looks great, face and voice recognition were really cool, I'm just wondering if there will be full games for it rather than mini games. The reason why I'm more excited for the Sony controller is because of the 1:1 tracking. There's no lag like NATAL, and it's precise in the movements. It's what I thought the Wii was going to be. And about the controlled looking cheap, it's a prototype (he says that at the beginning of the presentation). Also, price was never mentioned...

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: E3 2009 - June 6th 2009, 01:46 AM

Natal looked REALLY impressive...This thing has a lot of potential. As long as developers use it correctly, it could change the whole way gaming is played. My only issue with it is how could you play FPS games with it? And I hope you don't need too much room to use it...I'd crack my head open if I tried to use that thing in my room.

My only gripe is that there's just too many sequels....I may just get Alan Wake not only because it looks awesome, but because it's an ORIGINAL title..

And was I the only one who laughed when the "Vitality Sensor"" was mentioned? Rofl nintendo...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
FastForward2012 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Ellie

Re: E3 2009 - June 6th 2009, 01:59 AM

So I'm totally looking forward to Just Cause 2 now.
I think that Just Cause 1 was a pretty cool game.
I like the sandbox type games.
And COD6.
CAN'T WAIT!

To Write Love On Her Arms<3

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous19 Offline
Average Joe

Re: E3 2009 - June 6th 2009, 12:19 PM

Man, I've missed E3 (I just pretend last year didn't happen ). Loved seeing how Uncharted 2 is turning out, Conviction looks REALLY GOOD its like a bourne movie with a 50 year old guy!! With me being the Metal Gear nerd that I am, I'm really excited to play Peace Walker, and see which direction they go with, with Rising. Lord of Shawdows looks like a nice reboot or whatever for the Castlevinia series.

Like the new motion control for the PS3 even though I'm not really into that stuff, but they are really going far and beyond from what I was expecting.

Not to mention they finally released FFVII on PSN so I can finally play it on my PSP *does happy dance* Damn what a good E3 LOL

---------------

"You never give into the pain, you just adjust to it!"--unknown

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: E3 2009 - June 7th 2009, 12:20 AM

The end of the peace walker trailer caught my attention. (The love pack)

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: E3 2009 - June 7th 2009, 01:39 AM

Hehe, when watching the E3 trailers this year, I totally drooled on my keyboard...>.>

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: E3 2009 - June 7th 2009, 06:20 PM

I've had to skip this E3 because of work (hey, I can only keep track on one industry at a time!) but it doesn't seem great this year because of all the sequels. Then again they're doing exactly the same thing in the music industry so it must be a recession thing.

Natal really surprised me, in a "finally!" sort of way. I can't see how it's going to work out though, I mean for hardcore gaming... You'd really need some sort of full-on virtual reality system so it feels like you're "in the game". Which wouldn't cost much, but the goggles would have to be wired. Wow I'm really digressing Of course if Microsoft **** up price-wise then it's not going to sell.

I'm gearing up for the London International Music Show next weekend, which I hope will be a blast. Unfortunately there's not much buzz on what will be exhibited, but there wasn't much interesting stuff released over Winter so I'm guessing it's gonna be fairly hectic.
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Hollifire Offline
Smile; you're beautiful.
I've been here a while

Name: Holly

Re: E3 2009 - June 10th 2009, 08:11 AM

Left 4 Dead 2 shouldn't even be made, ugh.
Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 looks pretty sweet.
DJ Hero doesn't look half bad either.
Looking forward to the new remake of Perfect Dark.
xx

PM VM

x See the trick is that you're never supposed to act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets x

(#13 (permalink)) Old
freelancertex78 Offline
Resident Neuro Nerd
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Steph

Re: E3 2009 - June 10th 2009, 11:56 PM

Left 4 Dead 2 should totally be made. If there are chainsaws and frying pans please sign me up for that. That's some epicness right there. It'll be very handy for people like me who run right in the middle of the horde. Just run right through them and make minced zombie.... mmm.

I'd sing you a song, but I'm feeling quite off
in my heart; it's occupied,

and now's not the time.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: E3 2009 - June 12th 2009, 12:23 AM

Ayye, I mean, it might not be one of the most intelligent games out there, but it's undeniably a whole load of fun ^^

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
Closed Thread