TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Stupidly slow. - April 1st 2010, 10:19 AM

I have a Samsung N110 netbook. I bought it right at the end of last December so it's about 3 months old. It used to have Windows 7 starter, but I upgraded it to Windows 7 Home Premium which made it a bit slower, but it was running fine. Now, three months later, it's as slow as anything! I don't have any music on here, and I don't have loads of pictures (about 20/30). I have a few video files, but I delete them after I've watched them and I Defrag and do a Dick Cleanup regularly. But I have no idea why it's so drasticly slow. I understand after time it would get slower, and after the OS upgrade as well. But it shouldn't be this slow.

Does anyone know why it's gone this slow, or any way to make it faster again? Or is it just the fact that it's a Netbook. Also, the battery life has dramaticly. It has gone from about 8-9 hours, down to about 5. And I charge it appropriately.

Is there something I could do to upgrade my computer, or should I just get used to the fact that it's this slow? It's only three months old so it's a bit concerning!

Thanks!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
canook182 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Stupidly slow. - April 3rd 2010, 03:30 PM

it POSSIBLY may be the ram... When you got the computer, it may have came with enough ram to run Windows 7 starter fine but then when you upgraded to Windows 7 home premium it may be too much for the ram.. You can go buy more ram for your computer and install it really easily and its fairly cheap

The Whole Wide World Is Mine
  Send a message via AIM to canook182  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
neon tiger Offline
a tiger..thats neon
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Stupidly slow. - April 3rd 2010, 06:39 PM

Do you have a anti virus product?
If you dont viruses can slow ur comp down http://www.avg.com is free and quite good

(#4 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Stupidly slow. - April 3rd 2010, 06:58 PM

I use AVG. And there's no viruses on here at all. It's got enough ram to run it fine. But I suppose more ram would make it better.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
neon tiger Offline
a tiger..thats neon
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Stupidly slow. - April 3rd 2010, 09:32 PM

Do you update avg at least once a day but i would do once a hour and you can use the free computer cleaner http://www.ccleaner.com/

Last edited by neon tiger; April 3rd 2010 at 09:35 PM. Reason: wrong link

(#6 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Stupidly slow. - April 3rd 2010, 10:43 PM

It's definitely not a virus or anything like that. My computer is thoroughly cleaned, checked through and organised. I assume it's just because the hardware isn't capable enough to work faster. Maybe upgrading the insides would do it good.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
neon tiger Offline
a tiger..thats neon
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Stupidly slow. - April 4th 2010, 11:58 AM

Do you use limewire or any other p2p programs or torrents..or you may need to reinstall windows 7

(#8 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Stupidly slow. - April 4th 2010, 04:46 PM

Youre only on a netbook, to be honest I'd go back to windows 7 starter, or see if you can get hold of a copy of xp... Along with that make sure when your using it, anti virus/spyware/malware programs arent scanning your netbook, you need as much of the computers resources going toward what your using, so if you can turn off a scan do it, then turn it back on when your not using the netbook and leave it to run then. Try not to multi task too much I guess, and keep things to a bare minimum (:. Netbooks shouldnt have a problem playing video or viewing pics, storage wouldn't slow it down unless you were using up all the harddrive with them. However netbooks themselves were made to be on the go basic productivity, and web browsing tools not as a laptop replacement so just try and keep what you do to a minimum (:

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Stupidly slow. - April 4th 2010, 07:01 PM

I only do the basics on there anywhere. And I couldn't bare going back to XP, 7 just looks too nice. I do use Vuze to download things, but nothing like Limewire which I know is a pain. I hardly do anything to warrant it being so slow, but that's for the advice

Closed Thread