TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 01:54 AM

So I have an old Ihome and a kind of newer one but they dson't charge my touch or the Nano as of right now. On the thing you plug the ipod into it says "The adapter for 40/60gb with color is now inserted for other ipods replace with oppropriate ones" I have tried all the adapters that came with it even the ones that came with the ipods is it just because its 4 years old or am I just realloy stupid. SOMEONE HELP PLEASE:]

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Re: Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 04:17 PM

I know this is probably going to sound desprate but im nbot trying for it to be. Even if you read this and dont no can you say that it just makes me feel better knowing people dont no instead of reading and ignoring...

It's okay not to be okay
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 04:20 PM

All you can do is take it to the a shop like PC world and ask them if they know how to sort it out, if they don't then they'll probably contact Apple for you.

Also, what's an Ihome?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Re: Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cara View Post
All you can do is take it to the a shop like PC world and ask them if they know how to sort it out, if they don't then they'll probably contact Apple for you.

Also, what's an Ihome?
my explanations suck on what they are but here are 2 picture I have both and they aren't charging my things

http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/...ck-speaker.jpg
^^^^
my sister has this one mine is older then that

http://images.bizrate.com/resize?sq=500&uid=931505307
^^^^
and I have this one and in black and they don't work either

I hope this answers and maybe it will help me get the answer

It's okay not to be okay
|PM/VM|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 04:49 PM

So basically just an iPod docking station?

Older models might not work with / charge newer iPods. It's just trial and error with it. It'll either work or it won't. If you want something to work with your newer iPod models, buy a newer Docking station.

I hope that answered your questions because your post was a bit confusing.

EDIT: I see what you mean about the adapters, and my above information is relevant.

As it is an older model of a docking station, the adapters with it might not fit the newer iPods, because they weren't created when the docking station was brought out. Your iPod should still work without the adapter. If it doesn't stand up right, just prop it up with a pen or something else. That's what I have done with mine.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Re: Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylalatbh. View Post
So basically just an iPod docking station?

Older models might not work with / charge newer iPods. It's just trial and error with it. It'll either work or it won't. If you want something to work with your newer iPod models, buy a newer Docking station.

I hope that answered your questions because your post was a bit confusing.

EDIT: I see what you mean about the adapters, and my above information is relevant.

As it is an older model of a docking station, the adapters with it might not fit the newer iPods, because they weren't created when the docking station was brought out. Your iPod should still work without the adapter. If it doesn't stand up right, just prop it up with a pen or something else. That's what I have done with mine.
Yeah thats what I kind of thought but the new ipods came with there own adapters(I'm pretty sure) and I tried putting it there and it still didn't work...But thank you I might just see if I can exchange my system for one that will charge it some where

It's okay not to be okay
|PM/VM|

(#7 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissComplicated View Post
Yeah thats what I kind of thought but the new ipods came with there own adapters(I'm pretty sure) and I tried putting it there and it still didn't work
The adapters that come with the iPods usually are to fit in Apple branded docking stations, and would more than likely not fit in other docking stations. It's probably better to try and upgrade to a newer system to get the best use out of it.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Re: Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 06:43 PM

okay yeah thanks...Just FYI though the adapter does fit in the syster just doesn't work:/

It's okay not to be okay
|PM/VM|

(#9 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissComplicated View Post
okay yeah thanks...Just FYI though the adapter does fit in the syster just doesn't work:/
Why does the adapter not work?

Usually the adapters are just so the iPod sits correctly in the unit. It shouldn't have any technical effect to the system. It's usually just a piece of plastic, unless I'm mistaken.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

Re: Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 07:39 PM

When you put your Ipod onto the docking station does it do anything? Have you got it turned on to the correct setting?
Mine has a cd setting and radio and then ipod setting.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Re: Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 07:44 PM

Yes. I think its just cuz it really old i was hoping otherwise but thanks anyways

It's okay not to be okay
|PM/VM|

(#12 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 07:48 PM

What does it do when you plug it in?

(#13 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Re: Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 07:55 PM

sits there and plays my music and says it won't charge it

It's okay not to be okay
|PM/VM|

(#14 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 07:59 PM

Hae you tryed pausing the music and leaving plugged in for a little while? You can also get little mini docking stations now, the are on a usb and plug into your computer, so they charge and play at the same time. I'd suggest getting a new one tbh. I use a video ipod and i use the wharfadale cddockingstation its in argos at around 20/30

(#15 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 08:07 PM

A lot of the newer ones would charge your device. It's just because it's a few years old that it wont charge it. I have two docking stations, one charges one doesn't. It just depends on which one you buy.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Re: Ipod touch, Nano with video camra and old Ihomes - April 29th 2010, 08:18 PM

yes it don't work I'll just try and exchange it or buy a new one

It's okay not to be okay
|PM/VM|

Closed Thread