TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Technology and Gaming (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f24-technology-gaming/)
-   -   Chain mail (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f24-technology-gaming/t67951-chain-mail/)

Kumagoro February 24th 2011 08:57 PM

Chain mail

I was just wondering how many of you read chain emails and if you do, whether you pass them along. I always find myself reading them to see what they're about, but I rarely pass them on. Particularly when it's something along the lines of "Pass this on or a ghost will kill you in your sleep". Yeah, right.

But recently I got one off my friend about women's safety and it's sort of guilt-tripping me into passing it on. If the information is true and could possibly help keep my friends safe I'm inclined to send it to people.

I can't help thinking there is always some sort of scam involved, though.

How would you react to chain mail?

Everglow. February 24th 2011 09:00 PM

Re: Chain mail

I used to get chain mail a lot more than i do now. i used to send it on, but now i know its not true. if i get nice ones that make me laugh, then i send them on because they dont threaten you with death or dead people O.o
I know the kind og guilt trip ones you're on about. i occasionally send them on, but i cant really be bothered with them so i mainly ignore them. the people who make them up have too much time on their hands.
the amount of time i should have died... ;/

MegaMadness February 25th 2011 04:51 AM

I delete it everytime.

anony mouse. February 25th 2011 07:06 AM

I delete them too. I only forward the funny ones, and even then only to two or three people.

Skeleton February 25th 2011 11:51 AM

I rarely get them but when I do, I delete them without reading them because 9 times out of 10, it's some rubbish someones put together to scare people into sending it on to other people and so on. It's silly.

Palmolive February 25th 2011 12:00 PM

Apparently I have died about 1000 times.

I open it, see what is is and delete it. They really bore me. Although when I have read one or two in the past, they kinder creep me out. :nosweat:

WhisperingSilence February 25th 2011 12:50 PM

i read them and delte them i once got this really nasty chain mail which i opened with the title 'read this its cute' so i read it and to start with it was kind of cute but then the last bit was ' if you dont not pass this on i will come into room tonight and get you' i told my mum and showed it to her, she told me it was aload of crap and i was not to worry or pass it on, so i didnt and to tell the truth that night i was pretty damn frightened to sleep in case it came true because i didnt pass the chain mail on. to be honest i feel that chain mail is aload of shit, the amount of times i've had chain mail telling me if you dont pass this on you will die. i now just think yeah whatever bring it on and leave it at that as i know they're not real, but like others have said some of them do freak me out abit.

Ancora Imparo February 25th 2011 07:33 PM

I don't actually get chain mail all that much but when I do I usually end up clicking the delete button pretty quick. :)

Eternal February 25th 2011 08:10 PM

I used to pass it on, now I delete it instantly. Although if its a new one I sometimes read it because some of them are hilarious :D

SparklingWine February 25th 2011 08:31 PM

I never pass on chain mail. It could pass along viruses, and no one would ever really know. Plus, I find them rather boring, and can't be bothered.

Some are fine though :D

Evanescent February 25th 2011 09:17 PM

I open my chain text messages just to look at the picture but I don't read it. I delete the chain e-mails right away and I never forward either one. For the ones that have told me I am going to die for not passing it on, I secretly hope it does.

Fictional February 25th 2011 10:02 PM

I just delete it straight away - why would I want to waste my credit passing it on?

Veni Vidi Vici February 26th 2011 02:10 AM

I think I've only sent 1 chain mail (and that's when I was young and terrified).

They're pretty much all rubbish, and do a good job at scaring the younger people.

Kitty. February 26th 2011 02:25 AM

I delete all the chain mail I get. XD

Boxy February 26th 2011 03:08 AM

I usually read them if they are sent to me but I don't really get any anymore..
I delete the ones about "you will get murdered by a clown" and the ones that say "if you don't pass this one then god will send you to hell" b/c that's stupid. I also delete those text chains that are all "if you pass this on money from your phone company goes to whatever whatever" b/c those don't work... there's so many phone company's and there's no way for them so know how many times it was sent anyway..

I pass on the funny ones with jokes and stuff. And the ones about friendship and love (but not ones that say you will have no love life if you don't)

How I react to chain mail? Well.. I usually find it annoying b/c most of them threaten you to pass it on.. other than that it's cool

zumbaqueen2012 February 27th 2011 08:46 PM

Delete. Delete. Delete....I'm not wasting my free texts on that!
They scared me when I was a bit younger but now I've died a zillion times and I'm still here...so yeah!

Melody Pond February 27th 2011 09:25 PM

I haven't had any chain mail in years.

The ones that made me laugh where ones that say "Pass this on to 10 of your friends including the person who sent it to you" If every one did that it would just back and forth forever...

I think when I was about 14 I passed on one. It was a creepy and detailed one about how a clown killed a babysitter and I was in the house alone and it scared me :p

WillO'Wisp March 2nd 2011 07:39 PM

I have died over 147 times for not forwarding those chain letters.