TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Ceilidh ("Kay-Lee")

If you report someone on Facebook do you remain anonymous? - March 10th 2012, 02:11 PM

There's this woman who lives near me and I'm sick of seeing her statuses. She either abuses people on Facebook or posts racist statuses about Portuguese people and Pakistan's

I want to report her because this is getting disgusting. Will I remain anonymous? I can't be arsed to have her abusing me on Facebook too. I have more important things to worry about without adding that to my list.

Last edited by Make Believe; March 10th 2012 at 02:18 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Live Help Operator

I've been here a while

Name: Christina

Re: If you report someone on Facebook do you remain anonymous? - March 10th 2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Dash View Post
There's this woman who lives near me and I'm sick of seeing her statuses. She either abuses people on Facebook or posts racist statuses about Portuguese people and Pakistan's

I want to report her because this is getting disgusting. Will I remain anonymous? I can't be arsed to have her abusing me on Facebook too. I have more important things to worry about without adding that to my list.
Yes, you do remain anonymous.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Ceilidh ("Kay-Lee")

Re: If you report someone on Facebook do you remain anonymous? - March 10th 2012, 02:56 PM

Good good -reported her for three posts- hopefully Facebook will do something >.>

Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Digilodger Offline
Establishing My Digital Home
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: If you report someone on Facebook do you remain anonymous? - March 10th 2012, 04:17 PM

I know that your question has already been answered but just for future reference, it's probably faster (if you're a fast typist and reader, probably less than 2 minutes) and more credible to just search out answers for these kind of questions on Facebook itself rather than post them on here THEN having to wait for an answer.

Even then, our answer might be just guesses.

In this case, the answer is here: facebook.com/help/search/?q=report

Look under What happens when I report someone and you'll find this:
"Reporting a profile (timeline), group, page, or any other content doesn't guarantee that they or it will be removed. The Facebook community is extremely diverse. It's possible that something could be disagreeable or disturbing to you without meeting the criteria for removal. That’s why we offer personal controls, such as the ability to quietly cut ties with or hide people, pages, and applications that offend you. Content that does violate the Facebook Terms may be removed from Facebook and (in some cases) subject to legal or other action. The person reported is not notified of the identity of the person who made the report."

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread