TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Question guys i need help about my clothing/ hair please help thanks - December 15th 2012, 03:11 PM

hey guys i have a few issues im in my laast uear o school in england that is age 16 i hav about 6 mounths left till collage anyway on my profile there is a photo of me im wondering if i shold change my hair. no im not changeing it for other people im just wondering because when i got to collage i wanna be able to get friends and a girlfriend hopefully. but the thing is i like to wear black because im a bit of an emo but i wanna get a girl friend and friends at collage should i change i style like i could wear red jeans with a cool black emo band t shirt and shorten my hair maybe? i wanna get some where in life and i do like being emo because i listen to all the hardcore bands and stuff. but i donno if i should change it my normal outfit would be: black skinny jeans red convesers which are shoes a emo band t shirt such as bring me the horizon or a day to rmemeber t shirt heres an example of he sort of t shirts i wear link showen below [EDIT]

i would also wear a black bring me the horizon hooddie with yellow letters on it saying bring me the horizon i have a photo of me in the jacket on my profile its my profile picture also im really worried about ,y hair should i change i know i don't want to change myself for others but can we please for get about that stupid saying sometimes a change is good for the better right? i do like bing emo because im in too but i really donno what to do please look at the photo of my hair on y profile please is the display picture thanks guys !

Last edited by Tigerlily.; December 15th 2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: No links please, they are against the rules

(#2 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: guys i need help about my clothing/ hair please help thanks - December 24th 2012, 02:20 AM

I'm sorry this went so long without a reply!
I think that you should dress however you want to dress. If you like the emo look, then get out there and rock it. The way you dress should reflect who you are. You shouldn't dress a certain way just because it's "cool" or you think it will help you get a girlfriend or make friends if it isn't you.
If you like the emo look, go with it and I'm sure you will find friends and maybe even a girlfriend who will like you for the way you are! You don't want friends that like the "fake you," do you? Personally, I think the outfits you described sound pretty cool.
As for wanting to "get somewhere in life," if you ever have to attend a job interview or something, maybe don't dress emo then because you want to look professional. But I'm sure you know that.
In regular everyday life though, dress in a way that reflects who you are. If you believe that the emo look does that for you, then that's how you should dress!
Good luck!

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

Closed Thread