TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Phantom_Girl Offline
Actual Disney Princess
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Meg

I just don't feel beautiful anymore - April 16th 2013, 04:30 AM

IDK if this is in the right section. If so, then sorry!

But, I just don't feel beautiful anymore. I go to high school, and everyone in the hallway walks around with pretty faces and perfect hair. But I look like I belong in an exhibit at the zoo or something. And I'm serious. Don't say "You are beautiful" because I sure as hell don't feel it.

First, my hair. I hate it. If I could shave it all off and wear a wig, I would. It is the thinnest hair ever. And it just sits there and does absolutely nothing but look awful. Every single thing I try to do with it, it fails. If I cut it, it looks the same within a day or two. If I part it to one side, the hair slowly falls back into the middle of my face. If I put in middle bangs, they separate and go to either side. When I put them on either side, they fall back in again. When I tease it, it goes back to normal. When I curl it, it uncurls eventually. It breaks all the time. Suffice to say, I hate my hair with burning passion.

Next, my face. I have these pores on my cheeks, and it looks like someone poked a needle though my cheeks repeatedly. If I put concealer on, it clogs them up and it shows. I have acne, and nothing I do to it helps. Seriously, nothing. And I mean nothing. It gets worse and worse every day. When I look in the mirror I want to punch it because I look so ugly. I hate the image I see in the mirror.

Now, the rest of my body. I look like I'm pregnant all the time. I'm not, I swear. But I look it. My legs are fat, I have acne on my chest and back, and my boobs are non-existent. I have these huge glasses, and they are getting huger. And I hate my face without glasses. It's ten times worse without them. I'm just one big hot mess. People say all the time, "Find one thing you like about yourself and focus on that". Problem is, I can't. I literally hate everything about me, physically.

This feeling like I'm ugly is driving me insane. I look at everyone else and I feel like crying. Even all my friends are prettier then me and it hurts so bad. I know I shouldn't compare myself to others, but even when I don't, I still hate the imagine I see in my mirror.

What can I do to feel more pretty. It's killing me. I don't wear makeup. There is no time. I shower the night before, because again, no time. I don't do anything to my hair because... you guessed it. No time. This ugly feeling is slowly driving me mad. I honestly feel like crying.

Savvy?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: I just don't feel beautiful anymore - April 16th 2013, 05:27 AM

I'm gonna try and give you some suggestions here. Firstly, I'd just like to say that beauty is subjective; you may not think you're beautiful, but someone else might. You'll always be your own harshest critic in regards to how you look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Girl View Post
First, my hair. I hate it. If I could shave it all off and wear a wig, I would. It is the thinnest hair ever. And it just sits there and does absolutely nothing but look awful. Every single thing I try to do with it, it fails. If I cut it, it looks the same within a day or two. If I part it to one side, the hair slowly falls back into the middle of my face. If I put in middle bangs, they separate and go to either side. When I put them on either side, they fall back in again. When I tease it, it goes back to normal. When I curl it, it uncurls eventually. It breaks all the time. Suffice to say, I hate my hair with burning passion.
Have you tried using products specifically made for volume? Blow drying your hair upside down can help to create more volume. You can also try taking a comb and lifting a little bit of hair on the top of your head, then adding hair spray.
As for the parting in your hair, are you parting it while it's dry? If so, then it isn't going to stay. You'll need to part it on the side right out of the shower so that your hair will dry that way, which will set it.
When you cut your hair, are you only cutting a couple inches off? If so, that's why it doesn't look much different. You can try getting more layers, changing the style of your bangs, or even getting a lot more inches cut off to make it much shorter. There are lot's of options.
When you style your hair, make sure you are using a strong hairspray. That's what is going to get the style to hold, otherwise it's going to come out pretty quick. Makes sure you aren't using your styling tools on too hot, because that will damage your hair and cause it to break. Try using some leave-in conditioner ever time you shower to keep it healthy.
Quote:
Next, my face. I have these pores on my cheeks, and it looks like someone poked a needle though my cheeks repeatedly. If I put concealer on, it clogs them up and it shows. I have acne, and nothing I do to it helps. Seriously, nothing. And I mean nothing. It gets worse and worse every day. When I look in the mirror I want to punch it because I look so ugly. I hate the image I see in the mirror.
For your pores, investing in a mask (you can even make your own, just search on YouTube) to reduce them. Using a toner can help is well, but don't use an astringent because they tend to be too harsh.
I don't want to keep telling you products to buy because I understand it gets expensive, but a primer will help to keep your makeup from sinking in. Other than that, try switching which concealer you buy until you find one that's long lasting. I hear a lot of good things about Revlon's photo ready.
As for your acne, make sure you never touch your face unless you have washed your hands. I recommend washing your face only once in the evening to keep your skin from drying out. I started doing this a couple of months ago, and it's actually really helped. Make sure you are always using a moisturizer afterwards too.
Quote:
Now, the rest of my body. I look like I'm pregnant all the time. I'm not, I swear. But I look it. My legs are fat, I have acne on my chest and back, and my boobs are non-existent. I have these huge glasses, and they are getting huger. And I hate my face without glasses. It's ten times worse without them. I'm just one big hot mess. People say all the time, "Find one thing you like about yourself and focus on that". Problem is, I can't. I literally hate everything about me, physically.
Try and work on eating healthier so that you'll feel better about yourself, and see results. Going for walks will improve your mood and keep you healthier.
As for your glasses, can you get contacts instead?
I do agree with what the people said actually, I understand there are many things you don't like about yourself (everyone has flaws that they hate), but try and just pick one for now and work on it. That way you won't get too overwhelmed.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

Closed Thread