TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Phantom_Girl Offline
Actual Disney Princess
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Meg

Cute makeup I can wear to school? - June 25th 2013, 02:48 AM

So, I've decided that I want to start wearing a little make up to school next year. I feel like a bloated walrus going there without makeup everyday. But I've never really worn makeup to school. The makeup I have worn outside (like, in shows and stuff) has been done my someone else. I'm scared that if I do my own makeup, I'll look horrible.

So, I was wondering, what is some cute makeup I can wear to school everyday? I have hazel-ish eyes and brown hair if that helps. I don't want to wear to much. What do you guys wear to school (or out) every day? I want something simple and natural. Not something that looks over done.

TY in advance! I'm such a noob! lol.

Savvy?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Cute makeup I can wear to school? - June 26th 2013, 02:36 AM

I don't usually wear very much makeup, but here's a few tips. First, use a foundation. This just makes your skin a bit more even and helps hide blemishes. It's good to have a liquid kind, then to put a powdered kind over it to help get rid of shininess. Then, find some eye shadows that you like. I have hazel eyes as well, and purple eyelashes tend to look best on me, but do whichever you like. You can also start using eyeliners; you can use black eyeliner, or gray eyeliner for a more subtle look. Then, there are lip makeups, such as lip liner, lipstick, lip gloss, etc. I don't use a lot of these since most look weird to me, but that's just me. Basically, do what looks nice to you. Experiment. You could also check out some tutorials on Youtube. Missglamorazzi is a Youtuber that does a lot of makeup tutorials; although she may not be your style (she certainly isn't mine) she helps you learn how to do the simple things and gives you some ideas from her videos.

Hope that helps a bit!

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Cute makeup I can wear to school? - June 28th 2013, 02:24 AM

Unlike Coexist I do not use foundation or any sort of powders/liquids over my face (blush etc) because I have very sensitive skin and they dry out my skin, what I DO do is use mild cleansers and moisturizers where need be. But I also have very clear skin so I don't have blemishes to worry about or anything. So really, when it comes to stuff like that you really have to sort of tweak with what works best for you, so I'm just tossing out another option.

You could just experiment with eyeshadows to start with. You can try a range of colours. For example, I have hazel eyes that are dominantly green and i have olive-coloured skin so I use a lot of bronze and gold kind of colours when i want something subtle and then I use greens most often when I want something brighter and then straight up greys. But other people might suit pinks and light purples when wanting subtle, and then purply-greys when wanting the smokey look etc. Like i know someone who wore an orangey-bronze a lot and even though the goldy-bronzes look great on me if it got to orange it wouldn't be my best colour. But just experiment there, there are loads of colours that will work just fine until you find your preferred colour scheme that suits your style and complexion the best.

To actually apply the mascara you can use q-tips or brushes or what ever the eye shadow comes with, again, this is something that'll take a certain amount of practice. People always compliment me when I wear makeup and say how good i did the mascara etc BUT that's because I spent a lot of time figuring out how to do it best for me and I'd wipe it off when I messed up.

NOW for the important part. I have a few suggestions. I know it might be more expensive but I strongly suggest buying high quality makeup if you can, especially with your eyeshadows. I know it's nice to think you can just buy the cheaper stuff and it'll all be A-OK, and maybe I am biased cause the cheap stuff is even harder on my already sensitive skin but the stuff lasts for AGES so it pays off any how to have good quality stuff. I'm not saying to spend $50 on mascara, but I WOULD say it's perfectly reasonable to spend $15-$25 on it as opposed to the cheapest one you can find, if you can ONLY go to a department store like shoppers then go with the best one you can find there too. I myself own cheaper makeup, you don't have to go hard core on all of it all the time, but when you can I definitely would consider getting slightly higher quality stuff...

And another thing, make sure you wash it off at night. Again, while mastering sensitive skin I had to figure out how to deal with makeup removers. Even the supposed sensitive skin ones would sting, especially when I tried to get off mascara, eyeliner and eye shadow (and NO it wasn't cause I got it in my eyes haha). What works for me is baby wipes and they actually work so well, they don't fall apart like toilet paper does and they're not to rough/bulky like a cloth can be and they get it off much better then using water. So if you struggle with trying to find a good make up remover... Try that... The funny thing is that it was a guy who first suggested that to me

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: Cute makeup I can wear to school? - June 28th 2013, 08:04 AM

For reference, I have brown hair and eyes and olive/medium skin.

I start off every morning by washing my face and applying a moisturizer/sunscreen. After that I use a bit of cover up on red spots/acne if needed (I break out with a few pimples every few weeks). A lot of people here will suggest foundation, though right now my personal preference is a CC cream (Smashbox). It's lighter than foundation but does a few other things too. I used to use a MAC powder cover up. I don't really play around with blush or bronzer or anything like that.

Eyes. I start off with an ELF eye primer. It's sooooo inexpensive and works fine for my needs. I fill in my eyebrows a bit since they're pretty sparse with an eyebrow pencil (too lazy to check brand). After that I use Benefit highlighter just underneath my eyebrows and on the inside corners of my eyes . It hides a lot of my stray hairs I forgot to tweeze, and it makes me look more "awake". I then curl my eyelashes and put on black mascara. Lastly I put on a tinted lip balm... I LOVE the fresh sugar lip treatments from sephora.

On special occasions or days I feel like wearing more color on my eyes, I play with the Urban Decay Naked palette. Best $50 I've ever spent in my entire life. I used it everyyyy day last semester. I also have some wet 'n wild trio eyeshadows that work really well too!

As for makeup removal I have wipes that I got from the drugstore. They get everything off and it doesn't feel like some of the more oily makeup removers.

As far as applying makeup I look on pinterest and reddit (r/MakeupAddiction) for ideas and tutorials!

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Phantom_Girl Offline
Actual Disney Princess
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Meg

Re: Cute makeup I can wear to school? - June 28th 2013, 09:56 PM

Thanks guys! This helped a lot! I have a lot of stuff to go buy, lol! I don't mind though.

I have wicked light skin, almost like snow white. I also have kinda pore-ish, oily skin, so I'll probably need foundation. I have two liquid kinds. Ones my mom's but I can use it. She won't mind.

And what's the difference between foundation, BB cream, CC cream, and concealer? If I have primer, foundation, and powder, would I still need a BB or CC cream? Or concealer?
I'm such a noob, I'm so sorry!

Plus, I'll definitely check out some tutorials!

Savvy?

Closed Thread