TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

What do I wear to a wedding? - February 16th 2014, 01:50 PM

Hi guys,

It's my mum's wedding next month so by the end of this month I'll need to start shopping for a dress. I've only been to one wedding before and I was a bridesmaid then so the dress what picked out for me then so I have no clue what to wear.
  • I'd prefer to wear a dress rather than a formal suit or something.
  • I'm also very self conscious about my stomach looking fat so need a style of dress that masks this.
  • I'm wanting to dance later on in the evening so don't want to wear anything floor length that's easy to trip over.

Posting pictures to give me an idea of what to wear would help so if you can do that, I'd appreciate it very much

If you're linking me to where I can buy dresses then it would need to be UK-based (preferably not just an online store as I'd want to try on the dress before I buy it) and I'm on a tight budget so don't really want to spend more than 50 and even then that's a bit too much

(#2 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: What do I wear to a wedding? - February 16th 2014, 03:32 PM

As for a specific UK store, Next has some great dresses if you wanted to look there. I think with finding something nice to wear to a wedding, it's all about trying a few on. As long as you've got a bit of colour you can't really go wrong. Let us know what you find!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: What do I wear to a wedding? - February 16th 2014, 03:40 PM

Sorry about the picture sizes! I also might post some more later if I have time .
These are just ideas for the shape of a dress, not necessarily the fabric or color. A flattering shape for most people is something fitted at the smallest part (normally the waist or somewhere close) and then flows away from the body from that point. Things like belts, ruffles, and bows can also help and they add some visual interest . Here are some ideas for you, but I agree, it's important to try things on!

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: What do I wear to a wedding? - February 22nd 2014, 09:18 PM

Hey Cara,

Jenna gave you some wonderful dress suggestions and I was going to suggest dresses similar to that. You could wear almost any color, except white or black. When I typically go to weddings, I dress in lighter colors such as light pink, orange, sky blue, lime green, etc. I don't really know any particular dress stores in the UK, but try looking around your local mall and the dress stores there. Hope this helps and good luck in finding a dress!

~Rishy

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

Closed Thread