TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

addicted to makeup - May 17th 2014, 06:41 PM

Hey everyone

Maybe this has been discussed before... so I apologize if so.... I can not be seen by anyone without makeup!

I was watching a show the other day with a friend, and on it the woman applied makeup before bed in case there was an emergency and she had to leave the house. My friend made fun of her, and said that will be me when I'm older... and it sucks because I am pretty much there already. I guess I never noticed how bad my habit is. I am beyond- addicted to makeup. I can't leave the house without it, even to grab the mail directly across from my house!

I dated someone for four years, and he never once saw me without it... I would go as far to wake up before him just to cake my face... Does anyone else struggle like this? I know it's part of a body image issue... I guess I just want to see how common it is

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Your_Friend Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ibrahim aka Ibiii

Re: addicted to makeup - May 17th 2014, 07:49 PM

Hi
Its quite common in girls especially in teens to do makeup.Everyone want to look pretty.However true beauty lies in heart not on face.I guess if the chemicals of make up substances are not affecting you or you can afford it financially,then there is no problem in it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: addicted to makeup - May 17th 2014, 10:56 PM

I bet that it must pretty scary to let others see you without makeup after wearing it for so long. It is pretty common, so many girls and women wear makeup often so you aren't alone in that. You know, I've heard guys say they like it when women don't wear a lot of makeup. It's like there's no mask on women and it's natural, they can see the real you.

In my opinion, you're really beautiful and you don't need makeup. Plus, actual beauty is more in the heart than anything else. Honestly though, it's your body and your choice. If wearing makeup makes you feel better and more confident about yourself, then that's definitely okay to keep wearing it. Just as long as it isn't damaging your skin in anyway or hurting your finances.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: addicted to makeup - May 18th 2014, 03:06 AM

There are some periods where I won't leave the house without wearing makeup either. Other times, I couldn't care less. I know some people who wear makeup everyday that have told me that once they started wearing it, they continued to because they felt that they looked too different without it. Makeup became a part of their everyday routine and they weren't used to going without it.

I think it's mainly just personal preference. If you want to wear makeup all the time, go for it! As long as it's not getting in the way of living, then you're alright.

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: addicted to makeup - May 18th 2014, 05:20 AM

[COLOR][/b]="Magenta"] i think thats what i am worried about.... it definitely interferes with my everday life. No one sees me naturally... and i feel disgusting witout it[/color]

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: addicted to makeup - May 19th 2014, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkened_Empress View Post
[COLOR][/b]="Magenta"] i think thats what i am worried about.... it definitely interferes with my everday life. No one sees me naturally... and i feel disgusting witout it[/color]
How about taking a day that you're not gonna go out and you're alone, and not wear makeup. Try and look in the mirror and find features about yourself that you like. Such as your eyes for example, no matter how small, try to compliment yourself on that. Hopefully it'll help you to start liking your appearance without makeup so you can feel more natural. Even try reducing the amount of makeup little by little.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: Kav

Re: addicted to makeup - May 19th 2014, 02:00 AM

Hey, there is no harm in using make up, as long as it does not harm your skin or hurt your finances. But, if you feel you it interferes with your daily life, I suggest you do what Serena said. When you are alone, look at yourself in the mirror without make up. You can also get some friends over and try to be comfortable around them, without make up. Start with a few people and I am sure you will be able to face the world.
I hope this helped

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread