TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Konohana Sakuya Offline
The 4 arrows stomper
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karen

Insecurity attack - September 26th 2014, 12:02 AM

Again, I received an invitation to one of my good friends' sweet 16 party. It says the dress code doesn't allow pink, black, or white dress. I have the dress that meets the dress code, but it's sleeveless. I somewhat feel scared and insecure thanks to my flabby upper arms. To make it worse, that sleeveless dress is the only dress I have which suits the dress code. Should I wear it anyways without worrying about my insecurity or what? I've tried covering my arms with a bolero or something like that, but it looks weird since it's a halter neck dress.

Articles Team Member // Buddy (20/01/2014 - 30/08/2014) // Associate HLM // Article Editor

Send a message via Skype™ to Konohana Sakuya 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: Insecurity attack - September 26th 2014, 12:36 AM

Does it make you feel uncomfortable? Clothes should make you feel beautiful, not make you more self conscious. If the dress is bothering you, I would say find something else to wear that will make you feel good and confident. You deserve to feel beautiful because you truly are, it's just difficult for you to see it yourself.
If finding something else isn't possible, embrace your beauty. Be proud of who you are and how you look. We can be very harsh on ourselves sometimes, so I think it's a good idea to step back and tell yourself how amazing you are.
I hope you have fun.

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Konohana Sakuya Offline
The 4 arrows stomper
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karen

Re: Insecurity attack - September 26th 2014, 08:19 AM

The clothing fits me perfectly. Not too tight and not too snug which is really comfortable to wear. I like the dress' design, but it's just the sleeveless part that I have a problem with. I'm very self-conscious of my upper arms.

Articles Team Member // Buddy (20/01/2014 - 30/08/2014) // Associate HLM // Article Editor

Send a message via Skype™ to Konohana Sakuya 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Formerly Puppy-Sized Elephant
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Elsa

Re: Insecurity attack - September 27th 2014, 01:37 AM

I would encourage you to defy your insecurity and wear the dress anyways!

However, like Lucent said, it's important to feel good in your clothes. If you think you'll be self-concious the whole time and it'll ruin your enjoyment of the party, maybe you should try to find someting you're more comfortable wearing. I think you can wear the dress and look fabulous, but if the dress will make you insecure to the point where it messes with your enjoyment of the party, it might not be worth it.

So it really depends on how insecure you are. Knowing that, you can decide whether or not it's worth pushing your boundaries and how much you'll be stepping out of your comfort zone by wearing the dress. (Pushing your boundaries little by little is good, and only you know how far this would push you.)

Closed Thread