TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: bayleigh

I don't think it was a complement... - October 15th 2014, 01:55 AM

I just thought I'd share this since I found it mildly amusing.

Today I was waiting for my friend by my locker, minding my own business, when this lady ( teacher or administrator probably) stops, points at me, and says "my daughter wants to dress just like you" in a rather... Unfriendly tone. I was wearing all black, a floor length skirt and a long sleeved sweater with a pair of boots and fairly minimal makeup (gray eyeliner and red lipstick)

Has anyone else had this happen? I think its a little strange, since she works in a high school, a place where kids are experimenting and finding themselves.

Creativity takes courage
-Henri Matisse

PM/VM me if you just need to talk. trust me, i don't mind

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: I don't think it was a complement... - October 15th 2014, 08:12 PM

I have never had or seen that happen. I think it was extremely rude and uncalled for. You are exactly right- people are finding who they are while in high school. She may not agree with the way her daughter wants to dress, so she might have gotten a little upset seeing someone dressing in the same way. She shouldn't have said anything though.
It's different for everyone, but often times older generations have a certain way of looking at things. However, this in no way means you or the person's daughter should change your style or sense of who you are. People might not agree with everything that I do or stand for, but I will continue to do what I think is right. I think the same goes for this- yes, some people might have different views on style, but as long as the person is following and expressing who they are, while feeling comfortable in what they're wearing, I'd say to continue to do what they're doing.
I hope she isn't too harsh with her daughter.

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: bayleigh

Re: I don't think it was a complement... - October 16th 2014, 12:21 AM

I find it sad. My mom was the same way a year ago, but now she has gotten used to it and often compliments my outfit choices. Its just rude for her to say something like that when we have never even spoken. Like, my art teacher saying something like that, yeah I'd be a little hurt, but we've had many a good chat and I would get over it (actually my art teacher often mentions how much she likes my choices)

I don't like rude people. Like, I'm not being rude to you so get over it. I ain't your kid.

Creativity takes courage
-Henri Matisse

PM/VM me if you just need to talk. trust me, i don't mind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Zedd Offline
sad
Not a n00b

Re: I don't think it was a complement... - October 17th 2014, 02:40 AM

Seems like a really rude thing for a Teacher to say.

"They say home is where the heart is, but what a shame, cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same."

-Jesus of Suburbia

(#5 (permalink)) Old
msfsteven Offline
Average Joe

Re: I don't think it was a complement... - October 29th 2014, 11:56 PM

Haha, what a b. I would have said "oh, haha thanks. my grandma dresses just like you, too!" in a genuine sounding tone.
  Send a message via Skype™ to msfsteven 
Closed Thread