TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

View Poll Results: Do you get dressed if you're staying home all day?
Always 10 25.64%
sometimes 17 43.59%
Never 12 30.77%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 23rd 2014, 05:51 PM

Do you bother getting dressed or do you just stay in your PJ's? I remember my old therapist telling me to get dressed every-day even if I'm not going anywhere. I started doing it for a bit but I couldn't see the point. I was just dirtying more clothes and the only people who saw me were my parents :|

Do you get dressed?

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

Last edited by Make Believe; November 23rd 2014 at 08:31 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 23rd 2014, 05:59 PM

I voted for sometimes. Sometimes I'll stay in pj's all day if I know for sure that I'm not going anywhere, and I won't put makeup on unless I'm going out either. Depending on how I'm feeling, though, I sometimes also wear comfortable clothes - like sweatpants and a t-shirt even if I'm not going anywhere.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 23rd 2014, 05:59 PM

No way. I enjoy my laziness. However, I can see why that might help some people.

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Most Likely Offline
Avete vos
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: -

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 23rd 2014, 06:09 PM

Sometimes. I generally feel horribly about myself for the majority of the day, but it depends. Bed in my room is always ready for me to sleep, so there are times when I don't bother changing at all.

Who dares - wins.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Most Likely 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
-Dreamer Offline
<3
Average Joe

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 23rd 2014, 06:11 PM

Sometimes. Today and yesterday I was at home all day but I still got dressed. Granted today, I got into trackies and a hoodie but I would have still gone out wearing that if I needed to go somewhere. There are other times where I will just stay in my jammies all day long.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 23rd 2014, 06:41 PM

This is a tricky one for me.

I voted always, because I do always get dressed, I never stay in pyjamas. BUT I always chuck on the same hoodie and tracksuit bottoms, which I won’t even answer the door when I wear them, let alone go out in them, since they are very scruffy, so even though I’m dressed, I might as well just be wearing pyjamas.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I can’t help, I’m always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 23rd 2014, 07:10 PM

Nahhhh, there's no point. I only get dressed if I'm not going out if people are coming over, and even then not all the time.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 23rd 2014, 07:22 PM

I voted for "sometimes." However, it's been a long time since I've gone a whole day without leaving the house, even if I just go to the store. So I wind up getting dressed each day.

When I know I am going to be home for a while, I throw on a t-shirt and yoga pants to be comfortable, which happen to be my pj's as well.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 23rd 2014, 09:22 PM

There's rarely a day where I stay home all day, but pretty much if I'm home I'll take off my jeans and put PJ pants on since it's much comfier.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 24th 2014, 02:46 AM

I always get changed from my PJ's into something according to the weather such as shorts/t-shirt and sweat pants/long-sleeve shirt/jumper/jacket.
Just a habit I got into.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 24th 2014, 05:00 AM

I voted sometimes because usually I will get out of bed and get dressed. However, I also will have lazy days where I stay in pyjamas or sweat pants all day but there isn't many days where I stay home for an entire day without going out.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Vint Fall

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 24th 2014, 06:47 AM

I stay in PJs only in these cases... when I stay at home: condition A) It is winter and condition B) I'm sick.

For the past two days, I stayed at home all day. It wasn't winter but I was sick, thus I stayed in sleepwear.
Despite the fact I do change shirts 2-5 times a day. I need to. No room for laziness there.

Does it feel entirely different when I change into regular clothes at all? Yes. I feel completely different, clean perhaps, not as stressed.
But if it's one of those days when I need to rest or I'm not feeling stable enough, not in the right mind state, need everything warm and cozy to isolate myself from everything and everyone, fresh clothes definitely feel like an obstacle to that. I'd feel bad in them compared to being in PJs.

I moved back while
my head was turned.

Upside down
closer to the end.

Afraid of the dark
within future times.

I'm drowning there,
my final chase.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
A glitch in the system.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 24th 2014, 06:53 AM

Usually. When I'm on campus there are other people in the house so I'd feel too awkward staying in my pjs all day, and at home I usually go outside at some point (even if it's just into the yard to play with the cats or get the mail or something) so I put clothes on then. Sometimes I'll have days where I know I'm not going outside and will just be lying in bed or hanging out alone all day, and then I won't bother, but that doesn't happen often.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: Kav

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 24th 2014, 10:10 AM

I voted always (except on weekends) because I am kind off weird and just take off from my house at any minute. So it's easier if I am dressed. Also, I tutor kids (who come home to learn) so it isn't really nice to stay in PJs (though I wish I could) I'm usually in shorts/jeans and t-shirts/shirts the whole day. (with eye liner, sorry, I'm obsessed with that)

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator

(#15 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 24th 2014, 05:28 PM

It depends. If I know getting dressed will make me feel a bit better, then I will. Though I sleep in jeans and stuff, so technically I'm already dressed and just have to change my shirt. I don't really own pajamas.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Writer Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 24th 2014, 08:08 PM

I always get dressed within an hour of waking up. I feel like a slob eating in my pajamas.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 24th 2014, 08:23 PM

If I'm seriously not going anywhere? Hell no. But usually I have to go somewhere at some point. Cryyy.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 24th 2014, 08:29 PM

I voted always, I never know if anyone will be coming over so want to be ready.

Can't stop now, I've traveled so far. - Foreigner

I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance. - Garth Brooks

Assoc Live Help Mentor from 11/23/2014-1/17/2015, 8/8/2015-

Live Help Mentor from 1/17/2015-8/8/2015

SKITTLIFY!

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Brittany

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 24th 2014, 08:32 PM

I always stay in my PJ's unless I know that I'm going somewhere that day.

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#20 (permalink)) Old
DiafolEternal Offline
The EverChosen
Average Joe

Name: Craig

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 24th 2014, 10:30 PM

Yes. First thing i do when i wake up is get dressed.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 24th 2014, 11:40 PM

I was laid off for a couple months before and I started to get down on myself for having so much free time. I believe success is built by momentum can't do much sitting around.

So I voted always.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 25th 2014, 03:16 AM

I put sometimes because there are times when I stay in and still manage to put clothes on.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 25th 2014, 07:09 AM

I have to because I just feel too lazy otherwise. Plus there is very rarely I day in which I stay home, I will at least walk my dogs.

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 25th 2014, 08:15 PM

I sometimes get dressed even when I don't have anything to do that day. It really depends on what I have to do that day.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 29th 2014, 02:09 AM

Most of the time, though I just put on lounge pants and old T-shirts. Old sweats or shorts, nothing I could go out wearing. They're just as comfy as my PJ's and I'm not really dirtying clothes I'm going to need for going out. Problem solved.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Kristina

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 29th 2014, 02:41 PM

I voted "sometimes" and thats a BIG "sometimes" cause if I don't have to go anywhere I will stay in pajamas all day long!

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Coey Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cody

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 29th 2014, 03:13 PM

Nope, I just stay in my pajamas.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
FireHeart Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jade

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 29th 2014, 06:51 PM

Sometimes I'll get dressed when I know I'll be home all day if I feel like it or if occasionally if I need to get some things done at home because being dressed can seem to give me more energy sometimes, if that makes any since. But most of the time I don't because most of the time I don't like clothes in general and would prefer not to wear them.

HAPPINESS is just waiting for me to take it; I truly believe that now.
~SCARS

(#29 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 29th 2014, 11:50 PM

I voted sometimes since a lot of times, I tend to go out when I don't expect to and it takes me forever to get dressed.

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Laurasaurus Offline
Learning to Fly
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Re: Do you get dressed if you are just staying home all day? - November 30th 2014, 08:40 AM

I voted always because I always get dressed, even if I don't go anywhere and just do things around the house. I hate being in pajamas all day - I feel so scummy. I'm a lot more productive when I'm dressed. I usually won't get into my super nice clothes if I'm not going anywhere, but at least a T-Shirt and jeans. There was a time when I would stay in my pajamas or comfy clothes for most of the day, and I ended up feeling more depressed because of it.

1/7/12 - Live Help Operator | 1/25/14 - HelpLINK Mentor | 6/8/14 - Depression and Suicide Forum Moderator | 6/8/14 - Addictive Behaviors Forum Moderator | 1/11/14 - Videos Team Member | 4/11/15 - Senior Live Help Operator

“I will be generous with my love today. I will sprinkle compliments and uplifting words everywhere I go. I will do this knowing that my words are like seeds and when they fall on fertile soil, a reflection of those seeds will grow into something greater.”

PM / VM

Closed Thread