TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Freaking out over my wedding dress!!! - January 22nd 2015, 04:59 AM

Alright, so I went to a major bridal shop (DB) and they ordered the wrong color of dress. I noticed it on my receipt and I called them to have it changed. Turns out they no longer make or have any of the color (white) I want in stock. I already paid for the dress (over $800) upfront. They said they found one in a store but my issue with that is that I don't want to pay that much for a dress that's been tried on and worn who knows how many times. They said they would inspect it and if it shows any issues then I'll get my money back. I flat out told them several times that I don't want a dress that's been tried on.

I'm very nervous that they are going to fight me about it but I want a refund. It's very important to me that if I pay that much and my original dress wasn't going to be a floor dress then the one that's the right color shouldn't be either.

I'm not even sure if this is my dress anymore. I had my family there and I feel they influenced me way too much.

I'm seriously freaking out to the point of crying. I feel they are going to fight me and this store does not like to do returns. They will do exchanges but the catch is... The item has to be the same price or more. I told them my price range and said I could stretch it and the girl pulled NOTHING in my original price range. They then "lost" all of my choices that I pulled. Then they only let me try on 5 dresses and my appointment only lasted an hour when it was supposed to be more. They acted like I was bothering them with how long I was taking and how I wanted to try on more. She didn't go pull more.

Has anyone had any experience or luck with this company? Any suggestions??

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Freaking out over my wedding dress!!! - January 27th 2015, 11:25 PM

I ordered a bridesmaid dress, but I got it online so I don't have any experience in the store.

Did they give you anything for a survey on the receipt? I know that stores definitely look at the surveys; I've taken a lot of them and I've noticed changes upon returning to the store. If there is a survey, take it and be sure to express your negative experience with the store. You can also write a review online.

It doesn't matter if the store doesn't like taking returns. They're the ones that messed up your order in the first place, and that's on them. See if you can take it to get a refund and if they do not cooperate, ask for a manager. This is your wedding day, and you deserve to absolutely love the dress you're going to wear.

Since the employees weren't too nice to you the first time, I suggest shopping elsewhere next time and maybe even checking reviews online first to see the views of other customers.

I hope everything works out for you!

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Freaking out over my wedding dress!!! - January 28th 2015, 08:25 AM

Hey there let me suggest you one online shopping store which is experienced by me and I am totally satisfied by its large collection of wedding dresses and also huge discount available on each and every purchases so to get same just visit at Cotswold Outdoor Voucher Code.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: Freaking out over my wedding dress!!! - January 28th 2015, 01:31 PM

You're the paying customer. It is their duty to make sure you as the bride get the product you ordered. You are NOT obligated to take the dress that you did not want. It is their fault that the color, white, which really should've been in stock, wasn't in stock.

Did they say if there's a date that it'll be in stock? Or if there's one that's a size larger, and you can get it altered?

So, from this point onward, talk to the manager. The sales associate just wants her commission by upselling the other dresses that are available, but I want to make sure you walk away with the dress you bought.

I'd love to see it if it's on the DB site!

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Freaking out over my wedding dress!!! - January 28th 2015, 06:45 PM

You have every right to get your money back. The issue with the dress is not something you caused. It's something that was caused by the store, since the person placing your order failed to order the correct dress. As everyone else has suggested, speak to a manager if the associates are not willing to cooperate. If the manager isn't cooperative, climb up the ladder and speak to someone higher up. The manager cannot refuse to provide you with that information if you ask for it.

I would also suggest looking at a different store (or retailer if you're completely fed up with DB) to see if they have the dress you're looking for OR an entirely new dress that you're even more in love with.

This is your special day and it's likely the only wedding you will ever have. You deserve to have it be memorable in a POSITIVE way from your dress to your hairdo to the buffet line at the reception. Best of luck finding the perfect dress for you! I'm sure we'd all love to see a photo when you find it.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

Closed Thread