TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Fashion and Style (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f25-fashion-style/)
-   -   Headphones (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f25-fashion-style/t142834-headphones/)

Yeti December 30th 2015 06:49 PM

Headphones

Which headphones would you recommend to me?

I don't care about the sound quality very much... But I want my headphones to look cool.
Which headphones do you think look the best?

LifeTheRonWay December 30th 2015 07:09 PM

Re: Headphones

Well I don't know a whole lot about headphones,but I use a headset called the Sony Pulse. I like the surround sound feature when listening to music or watching a movie.

BDF December 30th 2015 09:53 PM

In-ear headphones?
Studio-style headphones/headsets? (I'm not up-to-date on these though)
Wireless heaphones?

And how much you willing to spend?

Personally I usually go for sound quality, battery life and technical specs like that... so I'm not sure I can help you with looks/style. I usually avoid things which look like crap though, even if the specs are good.

Gothic Wolf December 30th 2015 11:51 PM

I prefer earphones, cheap and work is all I want.

BDF December 31st 2015 12:03 AM

And I've recently bought Sennheiser CX 3.00, in red colour. They're about 30, or $40 (probably cheaper if you're from USA).

They are in-ear headphones. From a distance they almost look a bit like DreBeats, but that's not why I bought them. They do look good though, and their sound is great.

Sophrosyne December 31st 2015 09:11 AM

I've noticed with headphones, if the sound quality is crap then generally after short time using them they end up breaking or having the bass get louder while the melody just gets really quiet. So I would recommend thinking about sound quality when you are buying them. They aren't all expensive if you get the right brand and type. I'd say getting in ears are definitely the most stylish though. There's plenty of options of headphones to choose from so I'm sure it won't be hard to find some that look nice and sound good.

BDF December 31st 2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Miss (Post 1217980)
I've noticed with headphones, if the sound quality is crap then generally after short time using them they end up breaking or having the bass get louder while the melody just gets really quiet.

I bought a pair once where after a year, one of the ear pieces was playing very quitely. I never realised that somehow... the sound was coming out of the back of the ear piece instead, and anyone who ever sat on the left of me on public transport was hearing whatever I was listening to blasting out.

I think those were Audio-Technica.

Eternal December 31st 2015 09:00 PM

I've been using Apple earbuds for years and they tend to last fairly long. I used to buy Skullcandy but I don't recommend them, they usually break on me after just a few months.

cynefin January 1st 2016 02:32 AM

I use in-ear ones and I am very tough on them. I'm always listening to music and if I'm not, I'm using them for school videos and tutorials. It took me a while to find ones that lasted the longest and those only lasted six months but they weren't expensive. Before that I'd go through several pair a week. I usually get ones that have the flat cord, they last longer for me.

Glass Slipper January 1st 2016 03:49 AM

I break headphones so much after like a couple of months so I just bought wireless headphones they were 100 dollars but they seem really good. But if you have small ears like me they might fall out time to time. The thing is your iPod or whatever has to have Bluetooth to make them work.

BDF January 1st 2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooting Star (Post 1218110)
I break headphones so much after like a couple of months so I just bought wireless headphones they were 100 dollars but they seem really good. But if you have small ears like me they might fall out time to time. The thing is your iPod or whatever has to have Bluetooth to make them work.

You can now get reliable and small bluetooth transmitters which you plug into the headphone jack of the ipod (or anything else), and your headphones will play it wirelessly.

Disclosure. January 3rd 2016 06:47 AM

I've used iPhone headphones before (even though I don't use headphones a lot or like using them haha) and they seem reliable.

Beats by Dre are really good headphones but quite pricey.

.:Bibliophile:. January 4th 2016 08:56 AM

If you're looking for headphones that are cool looking there are these headphones that look like cat ears and they light up. I don't know how long they will last and they are bulky and kind of expensive. But, I would get those if I wanted to splurge on headphones. I also really like cats though. You can Google them by typing in cat ear headphones. Or, you can look on amazon.