TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/)
-   -   Teeth whitening won't work (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t151815-teeth-whitening-wont-work/)

MWF June 17th 2017 04:48 AM

Teeth whitening won't work

It's not like there's particularly anything wrong with my teeth or anything, but they just aren't all that white. They aren't noticeably unwhite, but I wish they were whiter. Anyway, I've been using an Arm and Hammer teeth whitener for almost a year (it got pretty good reviews online) and it just isn't working for me. I don't think they are any noticeably whiter than they were when I started. I suppose I could just accomplish this with a google search, but are they any other teeth whitening methods out there that gradually get your teeth whiter? I don't want to bleach them and have them suddenly shining, I think I'd appear kind of fake to people.
Could the teeth whitener be nullified by me consuming gatorade? Its not like I just sit here chugging gatorade or anything, but I drink a fair amount and its got a lot of acid in it.

Jess~ June 19th 2017 04:42 AM

Re: Teeth whitening won't work

i don't know about the gatorade thing, but if you're worried you could always just use straws for it instead, so it doesn't hit the front of your teeth. i'm a coffee addict and that's what i use to combat it staining my teeth.
i tried PlusWhite 5 minute speed whitening gel and it worked pretty well, but it left my teeth and gums super numb and sensitive. so i stopped using it and tried oil pulling. you should definitely google that and see if you'd be interested... it's basically a ~*natural teeth whitening method*~ where you swish coconut oil or some other oil around in your mouth for 20 minutes every morning. there's a lot of mixed feelings of it across the internet, but it worked for me. you won't get blindingly white teeth by any means, but there will be improvement. plus it actually cleans your entire mouth in the process, so you'll have fresher breath too.

i'm out of coconut oil and too broke to buy more, so what i've been using is just any toothpaste that claims to whiten teeth. i literally have like 3 of them that i switch between using every day, and that seems to be helping as well.

Mirabye May 29th 2020 02:29 PM

I know that there is such a thing when people genetically have yellowish tooth enamel. And it does not need to be fixed. It's like freckles, it's normal.

javier221 October 6th 2021 11:45 AM

White teeth can be challenging. Many people don't have the ultimate white teeth usually shown on the internet and media outlets. I've also been concerned about my teeth though I have a routine every average person has to keep their teeth clean. I haven't used whiteners, but one thing that worked for me is charcoal scrub. I feel like it makes my teeth whiter since I clean my teeth better. I use any toothpaste available and coat it with the charcoal scrub. Hence I am easily able to use the scrub. You can use that, and in case you want further products to improve your routine, I'd suggest going for Korean products. They are far better in producing results. You should also see a dentist to suggest the right thing as per your case, that'll be better and help you.

dandycasper78 December 23rd 2021 02:22 PM

Are you sure that your teeth are dark? the natural color itself is slightly yellowish, this is normal