TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Elle_94 Offline
Not a n00b

Question What to wear for greyhound racing? - October 19th 2017, 09:30 AM

Hi there,

So I'm going to my boyfriend's sister's hen do in a couple of weeks. We're going to see greyhound racing, but we're going to be in a box and having a meal too.

As far as I was concerned greyhound racing called for reasonably casual dress, even in the boxes. Not quite the long gowns, dressy hats and heels you see at horse racing. I was planning on wearing a nice, black shirt dress with frill detail and my pink/red, stack heel velvet boots. But speaking to my boyfriend's mum and sister, they've apparently bought floor length dresses with sparkles and heeled shoes to wear!!!

Personally, it seems a bit over the top to me... what do you think? Shall I stick with what I was planning on wearing or do I need to jazz it up a bit? I don't usually care what people think of what I wear but I don't want to look majorly under dressed and as though I just couldn't be bothered :P

Thanks everyone

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: What to wear for greyhound racing? - October 20th 2017, 03:15 AM

Hi Elle,
So perhaps it is a bit different where you are, but semi-formal is what most people would wear. So dresses is the code. Personally, I feel you should go with what your boyfriend's family is wearing. Perhaps jazzing up your dress would be a good idea.
Generally a good idea would be to Google up what most people are wearing. You could also ask your boyfriend if he has a suggestion.
Hope this helps, and have hope you have fun!

Tort

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: What to wear for greyhound racing? - October 20th 2017, 05:23 AM

Hey there!

Iím assuming by greyhound racing that you mean the dogs? I did a google search and got a a few different answers. It mentioned that it depends on the track. I found a few pictures/comments that say to dress as if youíre going to wedding/to impress as the food is served by silver service and others that said smart casual would be okay but anything that was deemed to be inappropriate (like fancy dress, overly reavealling, masks, hoods, rude logos, ect) wouldnít be allowed to enter.

It might help if you do a quick search on the stadium that youíre going to and see if you can find any pictures on Instagram or check trip advisor!

I think what you were planning on wearing sounds nice though. You can always jazz it up with a necklace or some fancy earrings if you feel that it is necessary. Or if you feel itís necessary, wear something that is a little more formal.

Hope you have fun!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Elle_94 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: What to wear for greyhound racing? - October 20th 2017, 12:04 PM

Thanks both for your suggestions! Excellent idea to look on the website. The pictures of the restaurant showed men in shirts but mostly not ties and blazers, and women in dresses but not particularly fancy ones. It said there is a smart casual dress code in operation in the restaurant which is what I thought. It said smart jeans and trainers are okay, just not shorts, jogging bottoms, football shirts or caps so I think what I was planning will be fine I might just get a nice necklace to go with it as was suggested - I don't really want to spend money on another outfit unless it's really necessary :P thanks once again!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread