TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ikigai Offline
la razón de vivir en japonés
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sue

White fabric paint - February 26th 2018, 04:08 PM

Hello everyone,
I've got a question concerning fabric paints. Have you ever used them on your clothes? Did it turned out well?
I'd like to use a white paint on my denim vest and possibly also on trousers. I'd appreciate advice on which paint to choose and how to handle the whole process (I've never painted my clothes before).
Thank you,
Sue

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: White fabric paint - March 1st 2018, 02:42 AM

Hey,

I am sorry you have not received a response sooner than now. I was hoping someone with more knowledge would respond.

I have used Fabric paint a few times in my life but it was for church activities when I was child. I don't remember much about it. I know that using too much of the paint can end up leading to the fabric being too stiff and almost impossible to wear. I imagine the fabric paint comes with instructions on how best to use it.

It might be worth trying to google which fabric paint would be the best for denim. I know google is not ideal but it might prove helpful and lead to you being able to find the fabric pain that will work best.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: White fabric paint - March 1st 2018, 04:31 PM

Fabric paint is permanent so I suggest using a stencil for the design rather than freehand painting it.

I have one bottle in front of me and there's instructions on the bottle. If you want I can type out the instructions as well as provide the brand I'm using but it will probably vary for each paint.

Part of what it says is to wait for it to dry and then iron the reverse side

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: White fabric paint - March 5th 2018, 11:53 PM

Hey there! Sorry I haven't replied until now but I just got back.

I had a birthday party where we painted shirts and you want to make sure you use good quality fabric paint. I'm not sure where you are from so it's hard to say what brand to use. However, I would highly recommend you use a template. If you want to be creative, you can use a word document and play around with the fonts and print it on thick paper and then cut it out to make your own templates! We did this at my party and it worked really well. You want to make sure you give it lots of time to properly dry. Also, if it is possible, I would recommend you practice on something first.

According to my research, you can also use acrylic paint and a fabric medium/textile medium if you don't have access to fabric paint but I can't guarantee that it will work as well as fabric paint.

I hope this helps!

Closed Thread