TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount27

Edit avatar

Need basic makeup advice XD - June 24th 2018, 02:52 AM

So Iím really useless with makeup, Iíve only worn it a handful of times and I have like next to no knowledge on it. This feels like a stupid question but Iím not sure which product I need for my specific problem. And my problem is that I have blotchy skin and dark circles under my eyes, I also get acne from PMS and I want to make it so that I have an even skin tone. I donít know if Iím supposed to buy color corrector, concealer or foundation. I also just want it to look more natural like Iím not going to wear a full face of makeup.

I want to wear eyeliner too but I donít know if itís okay to wear just eye makeup and face makeup...like, is that weird? Because I donít want to wear any mascara or eye shadow or lipstick, just eyeliner and whatever I need for my face. I guess what I mean is, can you just wear one or two products or should you do like a full face?

And then my other question was, what do I need to use for an even skin tone? Thanks in advance

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Need basic makeup advice XD - June 24th 2018, 05:01 AM

There are articles that can be found that might help you better than I can. I don't tend to wear a lot of foundation or deal with blotchy skin. However, I have had to cover red spots that pop up once in a while.

I use primer and foundation. I was looking up primer and there seems to be something called green primer that can help with blotchy skin. That might be worth looking into.

There are also youtube videos out there that can give you tips for wearing makeup. I haven't really looked at many make up channels but I did a quick search with 'tips for blotchy skin' and a few videos popped up.

As for dark circles, I know concealer is supposed to work if you get the right shade. I think you're supposed to go with a more yellow tinged concealer. I haven't looked into all that much but I do get dark circles and would like to try and conceal them at some point.

It's possible that it will take you a while to find make up that works well for you. Just be patient. I hope that someone with more knowledge will be able to provide you with insight.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread