TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I-Love-him Offline
I've been here a while

my eye always looks black in pictures! any makeup tips? - March 25th 2010, 06:47 PM

kind of a weird one here, i'll include a picture. basically in photographs, no matter what lighting i use or what setting the camera is on, my eye always looks black! i had a operation when i was younger,it was on my skull but caused bruising on my eye. you can't see it face 2 face but on pictures you can .

i'm not good with makeup but what can i use to put on my eye lids to make it not look black in pictures? lol.

o and check out my new dress, i love it haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SP_A1324.jpg (82.3 KB, 41 views)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: my eye always looks black in pictures! any makeup tips? - March 25th 2010, 07:12 PM

I like your dress! Your best bet for trying to improve your skin tone/even it out would be by using concealer. YSL touche eclat is good, but you may actually be better off with a thicker foundation if that still doesn't work. I'd suggest going to a make-up counter and asking about what they suggest.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I-Love-him Offline
I've been here a while

Re: my eye always looks black in pictures! any makeup tips? - March 25th 2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantine View Post
I like your dress! Your best bet for trying to improve your skin tone/even it out would be by using concealer. YSL touche eclat is good, but you may actually be better off with a thicker foundation if that still doesn't work. I'd suggest going to a make-up counter and asking about what they suggest.
ahh counselor! now why didn't i think of that? LOL.cheers, i'll go out and get some and try it. hmm see my foundation is really good on my skin so i don't fancy changing it. would eye shadow work or anything?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: my eye always looks black in pictures! any makeup tips? - March 25th 2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Love-him View Post
ahh counselor! now why didn't i think of that? LOL.cheers, i'll go out and get some and try it. hmm see my foundation is really good on my skin so i don't fancy changing it. would eye shadow work or anything?
You don't have to stop wearing foundation if you wear concealer - you apply it over the top. If it's shading on the top of your eye that's darker then you could try and cover it up with an eyeshadow. If you are going to do that though, it'd probably be a good idea to wear an eyeshadow primer too so that it doesn't come off easily.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: my eye always looks black in pictures! any makeup tips? - March 26th 2010, 12:09 AM

Like Stephanie said your best bet is probably to use concealer. There are loads of different ones to choose from and personally i use Rimmel cover up stick which works for me. To be honest i think concealer is one of those things that you really don't need to spend loads of money but there are more expensive brands like MAC out there, obviously. You could try adding a highlight under your brow bone to brighten up your eyes as well.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I-Love-him Offline
I've been here a while

Re: my eye always looks black in pictures! any makeup tips? - March 26th 2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle. View Post
Like Stephanie said your best bet is probably to use concealer. There are loads of different ones to choose from and personally i use Rimmel cover up stick which works for me. To be honest i think concealer is one of those things that you really don't need to spend loads of money but there are more expensive brands like MAC out there, obviously. You could try adding a highlight under your brow bone to brighten up your eyes as well.
Whats a highlight and where can i get one from?

Thank you both, i've rumaged in my makeup draw and found a old concelor stick,i experimented with it but didn't notice (until i put it on) thats it's way darker then the foundation and face powder i use! LOL. so i think i need to go out and buy a lighter one.

Another question, does the shade of the concelor have to be the exact same colour as the foundation i use? or would it be better one shade lighter/darker?

Yh i always use rimmel hehe. thanks again to you all

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: my eye always looks black in pictures! any makeup tips? - March 26th 2010, 05:17 PM

Concealer, foundation, powder, blush =) In that order. Try that.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: my eye always looks black in pictures! any makeup tips? - March 26th 2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Love-him View Post
Whats a highlight and where can i get one from?

Thank you both, i've rumaged in my makeup draw and found a old concelor stick,i experimented with it but didn't notice (until i put it on) thats it's way darker then the foundation and face powder i use! LOL. so i think i need to go out and buy a lighter one.

Another question, does the shade of the concelor have to be the exact same colour as the foundation i use? or would it be better one shade lighter/darker?

Yh i always use rimmel hehe. thanks again to you all
For concealer i'd pick a yellow-toned one as they are best for hiding under-eye circles which is similar to what you're trying to hide. And your concealer should be a bit lighter than your foundation, probably one shade.

As for highlights, you might want to try something like this. It should give a lightening effect, when i use it i put it in the inner and outer corner and some under my brow bone.

If you go to somewhere like a MAC store or any make-up counter really they can give you advice on how best to use products, and can actually demonstrate for you. What foundation and pressed powder do you use?.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

Closed Thread