TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Arrode93 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Wanting to be more Girly? - May 24th 2010, 04:46 PM

Okay so I really want to be more feminine. I dress somewhat well not girlish, and it almost seems like that when i walk out of the house is that I don't give a rats but about the way i look. I wanna be more girly. I don't know how to put on GOOD Make up (I used to be a color guard girl so i allways put on heavy make up.) I want to be able to manage my hair so that i don't look like a tornado blew through my hair. I don't nessicarly want to be a femme fatale, I need something to get me out of this tomboy stage.

Any Suggestions?
  Send a message via AIM to Arrode93 Send a message via Yahoo to Arrode93 Send a message via Skype™ to Arrode93 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
faithhopelove Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Wanting to be more Girly? - May 26th 2010, 06:03 AM

I'm not sure if these pictures would be something that you would wear but I thought I'd post them still.

A really simple way to dress more girly is just to wear a solid coloured tshirt and jeans (skinny or bootcut look really nice) and wear that with a pair of flats and a long necklace. I find that the longer necklaces really add a nice touch to an outfit and pretty flats definitely add a girly touch to an outfit.

I really like wearing looser shirts that have a round lower cut (don't really know how to explain it...its not low cut to show your boobs at all, more of a smooth round cut that ends above your boobs. no cleavage shows at all :P), a longer cardigan (one that ends past your hips, covers your but), skinny jeans, flats, and a long necklace.

hope this helps a little bit

Edit: sorry, I just reread your post and realized that you're looking for more hair and makeup ideas. oops. Ive answered a few similar questions for people who wanted clothes ideas...

Makeup
I don't like spending a lot of time and effort on make up either (and im not super skilled haha) so this is what I tend to use:
- I've found a few different eyeshadow colours that I like. They are fairly light shades (white, pink, beige etc.) and have a bit of a shimmer to them. I just put that 1 colour on my eyelid and a little bit in the inner corner of my eye (it makes your eyes look brighter). Sometimes I put a very thin line of it under my eye just below my eyeliner if I want more 'sparkle'. It's not really sparkly, just shimmer.
- Then I just wear black mascara and most of the time a thin line of black eyeliner under my eye.

Even just a bit of mascara and some lip gloss looks really nice

For hair
- I have pretty useless at doing my hair :P but I try a few little things. My hair has a slight wave in it so some days I can get away with just blow drying and leaving it like that. When I do that I use these two products:

- Other things I do that seem to work well and are pretty simple:
- If you have longer bangs, just clip them to the side, over your hair with a bobby pin.
- again with bangs: do a french braid of your bangs just above your forehead. Like this:

- Just look at some of the girls in your school, or check out some magazines and experiment! That's what I did

Last edited by faithhopelove; May 26th 2010 at 06:21 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Wanting to be more Girly? - May 26th 2010, 06:32 AM

Hey

I personally think it would be a good idea for you to get your makeup done professionally. There are a lot of places you can go to get your makeup done. If I were you, I'd go to a store like Macy's, pick a makeup brand, and schedule an appointment. I'm sure you've seen all the makeup places in the mall? I'd go to one of those. They show you how to best do your makeup, as well as give you their brand of makeup to use in the future.

For clothes, you should go with preppy stuff. Stores like Gap, for instance. That is just the best store ever.

As for the hair, I think your best bet is to look through some hairstyle magazines, you can find them at basically any store you go to. Pick out anything you think might suit you and make you look a bit more feminine, and then ask the opinion of a hairstylist next time you go to the salon.

Hope you find a new, awesome style soon! This post made me sound like such a girl.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Closed Thread