TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alto. Offline
Come as you are
Senior TeenHelper

No Makeup? - July 9th 2010, 02:29 PM

It's kinda embarrassing that I am the only eighth grade girl in school who doesn't wear any makeup at all. I'll wear mascara or cover-up from time to time, and if you catch me on a good day I might even have on a little bit of eyeshadow. I find it as too much of a hassle to wake up and put on false beauty(that's what I call it, beg to differ, go ahead!) like my friends do. Most(if not all) of my makeup(and trust me, I might not wear it but I have a ton) comes from my older sisters, aunts, cousins, mom, and friends. Everyone wants me to wear makeup, but I just don't know how to put it on. I'm too embarrassed to ask my older sisters, cousins, or friends, my mom doesn't wear much makeup, and my aunts live too far away. Both of my sisters have pointed out that my skin is so pale that it shows everything and that I really need to wear makeup. My mom gave me mascara telling me that she wants me to wear it. There is a world of beauty around me, and I just don't fit in. Do you guys have any tips that could help me to start to learn to apply the makeup that everyone is throwing at me?

wanderer come home
you're not too far
lay down your hurt, lay down your heart
come as you are.

VM | PM

(#2 (permalink)) Old
JackOffJill Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karyn

Re: No Makeup? - July 9th 2010, 02:38 PM

I dont have any tips but I wanted to say that I dont wear makeup either. If you catch me on a good day I may have eyeliner on- thats it. I dont know how to do makeup either but I also dont really like wearing it on a day-to-day basis. I would rather be natural. And the truth is, guys often prefer girls who look natural (with either no or minimal makeup). As long as you are comfortable with yourself you should just try to ignore those around you who are trying to push makeup on you. Do what makes you feel the best.

"Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself and become a new person." -Gerard Way
  Send a message via AIM to JackOffJill  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: No Makeup? - July 9th 2010, 02:40 PM

If you don't want to wear makeup, then don't wear it

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: No Makeup? - July 9th 2010, 02:59 PM

First thing is, if you don't want makeup, then don't wear it.

Secondly, it would be a good idea to look up some YouTube videos on how to put on eyeliner. For eyeshadow, use colors that will bring out your eyes.
Blue eyes- Greens, blues, purples, grey, black (mix it with bright blue to get a smokey effect)
Green eyes- Brown, tan, deep green, purple
Brown eyes- Virtually any shade of brown, soft pink, beige, blue, green, purple
Hazel eyes: Blue, brown, pink, green

Remember not to make your eyes too dark. Stay light because you have pale skin.

To put on mascara, go to a mirror, and lean your elbow against the counter. Look up with your eyes and sweep the wand across your upper lashes a couple times.
Then look down, and sweep the wand across your bottom lashes a couple of times.

For lip gloss, a light pink is always pretty and goes with almost anything.

Quite a lot of cover-up can cause you to break out. I think that the best brands for cover-up would be Bare Essentials and Neutrogena.

I hope this helped you. (: Feel free to PM me anytime.

Last edited by Kitty.; August 3rd 2010 at 10:20 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: No Makeup? - July 9th 2010, 04:05 PM

That is really nothing to be embarressed about. I'm jealous of someone who doesn't feel the need to wear makeup. I have no confidence at all.

My advice to you, if you really feel the need. Just get some face powder. Not foundation, just power and use a brush to just dust your face with it. What colour hair have you got? If brown then get a nice brown eyeliner and do a thin line on your bottom waterline and top, along with a nice brown mascara and some natural looking lipgloss.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Alto. Offline
Come as you are
Senior TeenHelper

Re: No Makeup? - July 9th 2010, 04:25 PM

Thanks everyone! Oh, and Hannah I have red hair!

wanderer come home
you're not too far
lay down your hurt, lay down your heart
come as you are.

VM | PM

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: No Makeup? - July 9th 2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting on the shitter View Post
That is really nothing to be embarressed about. I'm jealous of someone who doesn't feel the need to wear makeup. I have no confidence at all.
Agreed.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: No Makeup? - July 9th 2010, 04:59 PM

I am nearly 19 and very RARELY wear make-up, so some people do some people do not.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: No Makeup? - July 9th 2010, 05:06 PM

I don't wear any makeup, I'm in ninth grade. If you don't want to wear it, don't feel like you have to. Makeup is overrated, it's really not that big of a deal. I'm sure you're just as pretty without makeup, and you shouldn't feel like you need it to be beautiful, that's not the right way to think.

If you do want to wear makeup, though, you might find this site helpful: http://www.makeuptip.com/

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#10 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: No Makeup? - July 9th 2010, 05:45 PM

Like others have said if you don't want to wear make up then don't it your choice.

You call it false beauty, but there is such a way to wear it to enhance your beauty. You don't have to do crazy things. Key make-ups that I find to enhance your beauty is mascara, eye liner, and lip gloss. These three things aren't crazy they are just simple.

I am the type of girl that loves make-up. I love bright bold colors and fun. But there are my days were I just want it to be simple and I use those three types of make up. Then sometimes if I want to be simple but a little more than those three I put on like a light beige color eye shadow on my lid.

But if you think its too much of a hassel and you love yourself the way you are then don't wear it. But if you do, don't be embarrassed to ask your sister. She will be your best friend when learning how to apply and wear. I hadn't the slightest clue on how to wear it at the start. I looked HORRIBLE. But my brother got with his now wife about five years ago and she taught me how to apply and wear and I am so greatful she came along.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: No Makeup? - July 10th 2010, 09:46 AM

brown will work with red hair Very autumny and such.

Mess around. Keep it minimal. Just buy a pack of face wipes and try loads of different stuff

I'd advise you, if you're fairly pale, then just pinch your cheeks at the end to get a nice blusher look ^_^

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Vint Fall

Re: No Makeup? - July 10th 2010, 09:50 AM

make up damages your face. i am about to be in high school and i never wear make up. i just had some kind of face cream and lip gloss on my young prom,while everyone else wears ton of make up which made me sick. its not about maturity either. in sun it can just melt,the mascara etc. i just hate it.

so i suggest you be yourself and what others do,it doesnt matter.

I moved back while
my head was turned.

Upside down
closer to the end.

Afraid of the dark
within future times.

I'm drowning there,
my final chase.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Re: No Makeup? - July 10th 2010, 10:46 AM

As said, if you don't want to, then don't. It's not their place to tell you they want you to, your image is up to you, noone else.
But if you do and you're too embaarrassed there are a LOT of tutorials on youtube for different looks etc, and even if you don't have the exact products they use, you can sub in fairly easily.
As for make up types / colours etc. I'm very pale and find foundation just doesn't work, I use a complexion evening face powder, which is much lighter on the skin and it doesn't go blotchy. Also if you're first trying out how to do make up, just sit and dtry, if it goes wrong take it off and start fresh. I'd recommend natural tones to begin with like browns / nudes. If you want to try eyeliner I'd try a brown one, it's a much softer look.
Oh and you really shouldn't be embarrassed. I only wear make up when I "go out" or I for some reason have time in the mornings (which is like never). I often find people say they prefer girls with minimal or no make up rather than what some people see as "putting on a mask".

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

(#14 (permalink)) Old
annalibelle Offline
Jane Doe
Not a n00b

Name: Annabelle

Re: No Makeup? - July 12th 2010, 08:18 PM

I'm late to the party...but anyways if you still care for my help...
If you aren't comfortable w/makeup, then don't wear it.
I actually just read a pretty decent article on how to start wearing makeup, but I can't post links, so I'll show you how to get to it.
It's at sweetdesginsmagazine. com
under fashion and beauty
it's the 7th one from the top and called "5-10 How to start Wearing Makeup"

"Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining"- Owl City

(#15 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Re: No Makeup? - July 12th 2010, 08:46 PM

I didn't wear make up until i was 18, and I didn't start wearing it full time until 2 months before my 19th birthday. It's not uncommon ... but when I'm out of sight I usually don't bother wearing it to try and give my skin a rest and to not waste it ... it's expensive stuff!

Try VideoJug ... millions of tutorials there. That's how I learnt how to use make up.

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: No Makeup? - July 12th 2010, 09:17 PM

Don't wear make up if you don't want to

I know what you mean though, pretty much my whole school wears make up, and they absolutely cake it on

I wear make up but only when I'm going out somewhere nice or if I can be bothered. Sometimes I prefer to have an extra 10 minutes in bed

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Caro Offline
Average Joe

Re: No Makeup? - July 13th 2010, 08:01 PM

I just want to point out two things I've noticed over time.

1. People go through makeup phases. I remember when I was in grade 8-9 all the girls started wearing it. But as people got older, they kind of stopped wearing makeup or wouldn't wear as much. If you don't want to wear makeup, then don't. You are only in grade 8 you have your lifetime to experiment with makeup. If you want to sleep in then do it. I'm 19 and right now I basically only wear makeup when I go out to parties and stuff. During the day who cares? Also, I find that my skin is much happier makeup free.

2. Guys don't like girls who wear a lot of makeup. Now of course I'm generalizing a lot, not all guys have the same preference but I find (at least in my age group) guys rather see a girl with barely any/no makeup. Maybe it's because I go to a hippie school but really, makeup just gets annoying.

Oh and if you want tips for makeup, try youtube.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Re: No Makeup? - July 14th 2010, 03:33 PM

I just want to say.... I'm 17 in a few months... I NEVER wear make up.
Suure, A little bit of mascarra or eyeliner now and then. But thats it for day times.
If I'm going out in the evening then I'll find an eyeshadow that suits my dress or whatever, but I hate wearing make up

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
She.Smiles Offline
Butterfly, Fly.
Average Joe

Name: Kori

Re: No Makeup? - July 15th 2010, 01:22 AM

Wearing no makeup can show you are confident in yourself! You are beautiful the way you are and do not need makeup, however, if you would like to mess with makeup, then there is tortionals all over the internet, I'd go with a natural look, :P.
I used to cover up with make up everyday because I had bad skin, then I realized my second year of high school that it doesnt really matter, so I stopped wearing it, its clearing up my skin, and I dont have to spend extra time hiding my flaws. People can accept me for how I look.

Join my Hope Is Real page.
https://twitter.com/HopeIsRealxX
There is hope. Remember that. This page is to share your stories of hope or share your stories of struggle and let others give you hope. Get advice, comfort, or just be inspired

(#20 (permalink)) Old
kadyCHAOS Offline
sleep when your dead
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kady

Re: No Makeup? - July 15th 2010, 04:18 PM

i just turned 20 and i hardly ever wear makeup. my boyfriend prefers me not to, he likes the way i look naturally. i only wear it for nights out or surprise my man once in a while all done up. honestly i think girls look so much better without makeup. natural beauty is so amazing and theres too many young girls trying to make themselves look older. cherish having a young face while you got it.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
rosesRblue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dani

Re: No Makeup? - July 15th 2010, 09:57 PM

I'll be 17 in a few months and I hardly ever wear makeup. For me, makeup is just a hassle to put on and then take off again. If I'm feeling up to it I'll wear mascara and MAYBE a little eyeshadow, but most of the time, I don't wear makeup. There are girls at my school who cake their makeup on. They were blush, eyeshadow, mascara, foundation, eyeliner, lip gloss, and for me that's waaaaay too much. The point of makeup is to enhance your beauty, not mask it.

“No other acoustic instrument can match the piano's expressive range, and no electric instrument can match its mystery.”

Kenneth Miller quotes

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: No Makeup? - July 17th 2010, 08:25 AM

I don't know how you ladies do it. But personally if I were a girl, I wouldn't be able to wake up super early to wear makeup and look good haha

I barely have time for showers.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
theatre=life Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Hillary

Re: No Makeup? - July 28th 2010, 03:06 PM

Im 16 and i dont ever wear make up. i dont even really know how to use it.

If you ever need somebody to talk to pm/vm me.

Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing
  Send a message via AIM to theatre=life Send a message via MSN to theatre=life Send a message via Yahoo to theatre=life  
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: No Makeup? - July 28th 2010, 10:50 PM

I'm 20 and I reguarly wear no make up

Not only does my skin feel better if I don't have foundation/tinted moisturiser clogging it up, if I do then wear make up just mascara seems to make like a bigger difference. If you wear make up all the time it doesn't make it special when you do, you know?

Now if I just go out for a meal or to the cinema or shopping I'll only wear mascara, bronzer and some lip gloss. None on a normal day and often none for those things either ^^. Whereas before I'd be wearing tinted moisturiser, bronzer, eyelinder, mascara and some times lip balm to college every day.. it just makes it become normal and I got used to my face with make up, so without make up felt bad. Now without make up feels good and with make up just feels enhanced!

However if I go out at night or to a party I'll wear quite a lot more make up, lol.

(RAH)² + (AH)³ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH + (LA)² = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: No Makeup? - July 28th 2010, 10:53 PM

I don't usually wear anything either. Mascara, lip gloss at most.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Anomaly Offline
Penguins love you
I can't get enough

Re: No Makeup? - July 28th 2010, 11:09 PM

Hey,

Like the others have said if you dont want to wear makeup then you dont have to theres nothing wrong with that. I wear makeup but not all the time like during the summer I never have it on unless theres like a special occasion. My friend is a junior like me and she's never even worn makeup before and she looks beautiful just the way she is. And the same goes for you, you're beautiful just the way you are.

Now if you really do want to start wearing makeup thats differnt. What I did is started slow. I started putting on mascara just a little bit then I moved to a bit of foundation and then a tad bit of eyeliner and went on from there. Practice makes perfect. Spend some time just trying differnt things see what it is you like. And remember less is more

(#27 (permalink)) Old
ChelseaSmile Offline
They Were Wrong
Average Joe

Name: Chelsea

Re: No Makeup? - July 28th 2010, 11:38 PM

I wish I didn't have to wear make up... but I do .
Like I think I look better with it on.
I envy the girls that don't wear it though.
Good for you

Sometimes it's easy to feel like you're the only one in the world who's struggling. Who's frustrated, or unsatisfied, or barely getting by. That feeling is a lie. And if you just hold on, just find the courage to face it all for another day. Someone or something will find you and make it all okay.Because we all need a little help sometimes.

Feel free to message me anytime. I'm always here to help. More importantly I'm always happy to help.<3
  Send a message via Skype™ to ChelseaSmile 
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while

Name: Keeley Siobhan

Re: No Makeup? - July 29th 2010, 01:24 AM

One tip I have is to try to wear as little makeup on your face as possible, especially if you have acne-prone or sensitive skin. Makeup can really hurt your skin in the long run. I used to spend hours (literally) covering up all my horrid acne, and then my dermatologist told me it was killing my skin, so I stopped wearing it and it's helped my skin a ton (though it didn't change my genetics, so I do still have acne ).

Anywayssss. All that I would do, if you even want to do anything, is play up your eyes some. Even using a small amount of makeup can make a difference and (seriously) look like you spent hours doing it.

Some of my favorite products are:

Urban Decay's Primer Potion in the color 'Sin'
-I usually use this Primer solely to keep my eyeliner in place, but it doubles as an eyeshadow in the color Sin because it has some sparkle, so if you don't want to put on any eyeshadow, but you want to keep your eyeliner in place and have some color to your eyelids, you can just use this.
Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in the color 'Bourbon'
-Brown eyeliner is really nice if you don't want to go completely dramatic with the eyeliner (like you would with black). I think this eyeliner is a really nice color and has good staying power (in this color at least--I had horrible results with this pencil in black), especially when used with UD's Primer Potion.
Cover Girl's Exact Eyelights Mascara
-This is my absolute favorite more natural-looking mascara. The 'seller' for this mascara is that they have a mascara color for whichever eye color you have that's meant to brighten your eyes. Nothing says you have to follow their formula and get the Ruby if you have green eyes, so don't be put off by that. Since you have red hair, I'd assume you have eyelashes a bit on the lighter side, so the black gold would probably be what you'd want to use. If that mascara is too dark for you, Cover Girl has a bunch of other mascaras that are all (in my opinion) quite good and come in brown.

I've only used these three products for going out and it seriously does wonders without looking like I'm totally made up. It's natural looking (if you know how to apply it) and just gives you some nice sparkle and attention for your eyes.

As far as actually applying the makeup goes, I'd suggest looking through some of bubzbeauty or MichellePhan's videos on YouTube. They have tons and tons of tutorials on how to apply makeup and are just really great.

"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
Verità Offline
Formerly KeeperOfMysteries
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Re: No Makeup? - August 1st 2010, 05:45 PM

To tell you the truth, I didn't start wearing makeup until 10th grade, and even then it was only a little mascara. I think natural colors work best though, because they enhance your natural beauty as opposed to making you look fake/painted on.

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Elizabeth Offline
Just keep swimming!
I've been here a while

Name: Elizabeth

Re: No Makeup? - August 2nd 2010, 11:47 PM

I'm going into my senior year in high school and I wear no make up at all. It all comes off when I swim, so what's the point? The most I'll wear is some lip balm because my lips always seemed to be cracked.
I honestly don't think I need it. I know that sounds really vain, but my cheeks are naturally pink and my skin looks good. I think I look better without it.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Allons-y! Offline
Don't blink.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: No Makeup? - August 3rd 2010, 03:09 AM

Watch out with makeup. I started wearing it because everyone else was...then I started thinking I "needed" it even though before I wore it, I didn't want or need it at all.

That said, nothing wrong with learning how to use it and then deciding if you like it or not. But I would advise having at least two days a week where you go without makeup, just to remind yourself that you don't need it and are beautiful without!

let me light up the sky, light it up for you
let me tell you why, i would die for you
When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.
9 out of every 10 problems in relationships can be solved by talking. So why are we so damn quiet?

(#32 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Re: No Makeup? - August 3rd 2010, 12:40 PM

Wearing make up is entirely up to you - if you don't want to wear it, don't wear it. I never bothered until I was in college because it was too much of a hassle [Plus my school had a strict no make up policy - the teachers carried removal wipes everywhere!]

The best thing for getting clear skin is plenty of fresh air, healthy diet and LOTS of water. If you're worried about how your skin looks, buy some tinted moisturiser [great because it has an SPF value usually] and just slap that on in a morning. I do on most days 'cause it gives a really light coverage and makes me feel a bit more confident.

But do what you feel confortable with.

(#33 (permalink)) Old
HopelessVictim Offline
Love Me Before I Parish♥
Average Joe

Name: April J.

Re: No Makeup? - August 3rd 2010, 07:13 PM

I'm going into eighth grade and I never wear makeup unless it's eyeliner and mascara, but I hardly wear that even. So don't feel bad about not wearing makeup, it's really up to you what you put on your face and what you don't put on your face. There are alot of girls that do wear makeup and alot of girls that don't. Personally, I think most girls don't even need to be putting that gunk on their faces anyway. However, it's really just a personal choice that only you can make on whether you want to wear makeup or not.

xAprilx

The Day I First Cut Myself...

(#34 (permalink)) Old
Lisa12354 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: No Makeup? - August 5th 2010, 03:40 AM

heyy :3 i think it's kinda cool, what you think of makeup..if u were or are going to do makeup i think you should just go for a natural look..pretty much the opposite of what every girl has for make up :3 lol, makeup should just be used to accent your own beauty that you were born with..and not mask anything and blahh well cover up is good..but not like have a mask on i guess?

(#35 (permalink)) Old
VampirePrincess Offline
Ice Princess
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: No Makeup? - August 5th 2010, 08:43 PM

I'm not trying to influence you here, but I did want to point out that standing out and being different makes you more attractive, more people will want to get to know you because of your natural beauty. I never wear makeup unless I'm going on stage (because it washes you out, so you kind of need it there) - besides being way too much trouble to put on and too expensive, I break out in a rash every time I get it on me.

Don't use an excess amount of makeup. And one word: blending. Very important things. I can't help you any more than that - I never use the stuff myself, so application tips from me are likely to be disastrous.

{{sending PINTEREST invites! just ask!}}

Volume of a Doughnut
V = 2(pi)^2 * R(r)^2

(#36 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while

Name: Toast

Re: No Makeup? - August 5th 2010, 09:28 PM

Be proud of not wearing make up! It makes me mad that your family is trying to convince you to wear some. I'm sure you're beautiful without it. There's nothing wrong with wearing some if you want though. Personally, I'm going into grade twelve and I almost never wear make up to school, and I'm still the most beautiful girl in my school.

Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding

(#37 (permalink)) Old
Sarahh9 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

Re: No Makeup? - August 9th 2010, 03:45 AM

youre in grade 8... you have plenty of time to wear make up later. Whatever makes you comfortable makes you beautiful. Make up does not create beauty anyways... its like painting on a fake face. Be you.

Wear make up when you want to, not when other people tell you to. It your face

(#38 (permalink)) Old
Dark_Night Offline
Average Joe

Re: No Makeup? - August 20th 2010, 05:07 PM

I'm 21 and I've only worn make up once when I was 15 for a friend's quinceneta (it was mandatory). I hate make-up to be honest. I feel fake if I even attempt it. My mom and my sis have tried to get me into it but to no avail. I just don't like it. The most I do is get my eyebrows waxed (because I suck at plucking them myself) and wear chapstick but that's as far as I go.

Closed Thread