TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Fashion and Style From the hippest new fashions to vintage dress, share your style, clothing, makeup, and hair related advice or concerns here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

military and femine - July 16th 2010, 02:53 AM

ok so i'd like to dress like a girl but i love men's clothes and i am a tomboy...i like the military looking kind of stuff btu i can never find it anywhere the only clothing line i know of that has that sort of thing is the Royal Underground by Nikki Sixx...but one shirt costs over 100 dollars and isnt in canada anyone have advice to accomplish this? how can i be femine while dressing in boyish clothes and make them sort of military and sexy looking in a strong femine way without TONS of accesories? and also how can i not break my wallet in the process and do u you know good candain clothing stores that dont cost a fortune?...thrift stores here r crap

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: military and femine - July 16th 2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieRage View Post
ok so i'd like to dress like a girl but i love men's clothes and i am a tomboy...i like the military looking kind of stuff btu i can never find it anywhere the only clothing line i know of that has that sort of thing is the Royal Underground by Nikki Sixx...but one shirt costs over 100 dollars and isnt in canada anyone have advice to accomplish this? how can i be femine while dressing in boyish clothes and make them sort of military and sexy looking in a strong femine way without TONS of accesories? and also how can i not break my wallet in the process and do u you know good candain clothing stores that dont cost a fortune?...thrift stores here r crap
Like... Instead of wearing a full on army outfit, wear some army pants with a cute top and make sure to wear makeup/leave your hair down. That way you look like a cute tomboy and not a butch one.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: military and femine - July 16th 2010, 03:01 AM

im getting my hair cut in late august it will be shorter heres a picture http://www.hairstyleslibrary.com/images/emo-hairstyles.jpg

It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

ah better yet! - July 16th 2010, 03:35 AM

ok so i thought of a better question instead of asking how can i be more femine while still dressing the way i want...whats a good way to find my OWN original style and take a step toward not caring what people think

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: ah better yet! - July 16th 2010, 04:21 AM

Shop shop shop.

Go to a store that has different styles: Kohls, JC Penney, etc. They have so many different styles in stores like that. Pick out whatever really stands out to you, not what other people like. You can do the same with stores that look like they sell clothes you like in the mall. Explore different stores, there's so many of them. One of them has got to sell clothes that you would feel comfortable and like yourself in. Oh, and don't stick to one type of clothes. Sometimes I dress preppy, sometimes I don't. Don't feel like you have to stick to one type of clothing, you'll feel more comfortable with variety. At least, I would. xD

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#6 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: military and femine - July 16th 2010, 04:30 PM

OMG I love the hair cut.

Because it is a pixi hair cut you kinda will be able to show off your girly side a little more actually. Really don't know how to explain it but you can I had a very close hair cut to that awhile back.
When you actually are able to find stuff, don't wear it all together like Holly said. If you are going to wear an army type top, match it with a fitting/lose pair of pants. If your going to wear the army bottoms wear a nice fitted shirt or tank top.
Wear make up, if you don't like wearing a lot. Just do a basic simple color and mascara and eyeliner. Maybe even some lip gloss too.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Artimaeus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tyler

Re: military and femine - July 16th 2010, 04:42 PM

I think this tips are pretty good, I don't have much to add. ^_^ But if you dislike make-up, or feel like just being yourself, you don't need to put it on. I might be a strange guy for it, but I like my girls to look more natural, not in oils and such everyday. ALTHOUGH, it looks really good if you go to a dance all dressed up and have make-up on, and makes for a bigger difference for those special occassions.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
WordNerd
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lindsay

Re: military and femine - July 16th 2010, 05:18 PM

I think you should definately follow Hurricane's advice. Shop around, find lots of different things you would still be comfortable in. The more options you have the more comfortable you will be. I recommend wearing jewelry to look a bit more feminine. I switch from masculine to feminine styles daily and it feels good to be able to switch it up. And like Arty said, if you don't particularly like make up or are lazy like I am, only wear it on special occations. You will get lots of compliments on it and you will feel pretty fantastic. I get lots of compliments on my "style" which is just me wearing what feels right.

"If you are going to tell the truth, be funny, or they'll kill you."
-Billy Wilder

My tumblr is mydalekromance.tumblr.com please visit me there.

feel free to contact me anytime.
Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing
  Send a message via AIM to llamasliketoparty  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: military and femine - July 17th 2010, 07:57 AM

ok so i went window shopping in the mall today...i didn't find to particularly military looking stuff but i found some nice women's clothes that had that sexy femine corpral feel to them i havent tried anything on yet im waiting to go shopping with my big sister this august before school starts for that but i found some good stores with nice clothes in them and idk if its this thread or another that i read someone said to just get what YOU like and feel comfortable in and not what OTHER people like or want you to wear and it made a big differance, usually i am shy and uncomfortable in nice stores with pretty girls in them but i didnt even care thanks guys more tips are still appreciated

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: military and femine - July 17th 2010, 09:50 AM

For a feminine military look I would say look at Cheryl Cole for inspiration.
Especially in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMiy_UsrPDs

(#11 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: military and femine - July 17th 2010, 11:51 AM

Army surplus shops, I love them. They're where they sell old army stuff. Clothes, bags, anything really. Also ebay is good for old army stuff

Big baggy army trousers. Tight top. Baggy bag, minimal accessories (but some bracelets and maybe a small necklace) and some trainers/boots

Get some military boots, then wear them with leggings, a denim or camo skirt and a baggyish top and a fitted jacket.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

Closed Thread