TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Arion Offline
Arion
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Arion

Points: 6,955, Level: 12 Points: 6,955, Level: 12 Points: 6,955, Level: 12

Paying drivers $50 a week? Enrolling in a good school? - July 1st 2017, 11:37 PM

I'm really trying to make this year better and my home situation is bad.. I've decided to start working and with what I make, i can spend $50- $100 I'm transportation a week to get to my school of choice ..... there's lyft and uber, but I was wondering about tips or ways to find people closer to my age who can drive me to school and Home? I have to get there at 7:25 and school ends at 3 but dont have to leave exactly at 3. Any tips?

Also.. my mom isn't keen on her kids happiness, iv e taken care of paying for my own dance classes, transportation, school supplies and clothes, etc... all she has to do is register me at a school I'll be happy at.. Any tips? Keep in mind that she knows its important to me but its not about me, its about her... Like I said she's not a good parent and I can't just call cps...

If you want more detail on my budgeting plans for school and such or my home situation feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Storyteller.; July 2nd 2017 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Moving to a more specific forum. :)
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Paying drivers $50 a week? Enrolling in a good school? - July 2nd 2017, 03:08 AM

In my state, there is a whole process involve regarding going to a school that isn't in your district. Have you contacted the school you are interested in to make sure that they will accept you?

If you do end up going to a different school you need to make sure that the amount of money you set aside to get there is enough. I know that Uber and Lyft are cheaper than a taxi but you want to be certain that you have enough money each week to get to and from the school. I suppose you could look into public transportation as well.

If your mom will not help register you there really is nothing you can do. You need a parents help registering. I believe that most schools will not allow a child to register unless their parents are there. So, all you can really do is talk to your mom about it and see if she will agree to it and then see if you can get her to go. Maybe you can tell her that you will pay gas or pay the fee for uber to get the both of you out there.
Closed Thread