TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Money Matters (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f256-money-matters/)
-   -   Any ideas how I can get a little money quickly? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f256-money-matters/t122398-any-ideas-how-i-can-get-little-money-quickly/)

mindflower August 7th 2013 09:46 PM

Any ideas how I can get a little money quickly?

Haha, am I a little screwed here?
I need some money. Like, soon :p Reasons I don't feel like sharing, but I do. I'm 15, and with school coming up in...god, 2 weeks, I don't have time for a job, nor am I at a good age to find a good job for money-making. Its not like I need the money over a period of time, I won't need the same money I need now later. The money I need, I'll probably use up all for the same reason. I know for SURE I need more than $80.00 so I guess I'm here asking for suggestions or if anyone has ever done something like this, what they did.

....much appreciated whatever you can offer :)

Oh, if this needs to be moved to finances that's okay, I just wasn't sure :p

Oh x2, I'm always sort of paranoid with anything involving money, so... this isn't spam or anything. Just a question from the girl behind this computer screen.

Thereishope August 7th 2013 10:15 PM

Re: Any ideas how I can get a little money quickly?

A few ideas I can think of would be cleaning, babysitting, mowing the lawn. Depending on what you do, how long it takes and what they're willing to pay, the money can come in pretty quickly. Hope this helps some!

Astrophile. August 7th 2013 11:31 PM

Whenever I needed quick cash, I'd clean my sister's house (she's pretty messy, and likes to have me do it because I'm a neat freak). She'd give me between $20 and $40 depending on how much I did, and how much she could afford. I'd also babysit.

I also tend to put things up on eBay that I'm no longer interested in. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Eh. :bleh:

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

mindflower August 8th 2013 03:50 PM

Thanks... I should probably try all of those ideas. I'm kind of broke at the moment :p

I have a birthday coming up too.... hm... :p

Storyteller. August 10th 2013 04:14 AM

I'd say see how many chores you can get paid for. :p For example, sometimes I'd get paid for doing the dishes, ironing, cleaning the yard, vacuuming the house, etc. You could also try babysitting or pet-sitting, or dog-walking. Busking is also an option, or, I don't know, having a lemonade stand. :bleh: Like Britt suggested, you could also try selling things; have a yard sale, or sell them online. Just make sure what you're selling is actually yours (not accidentally a sibling's or something) and that you can bear to part with it. Regardless, good luck. :)

Skeleton August 10th 2013 11:43 AM

When I wanted a bit of extra money, I sold some of the stuff I didn't need anymore. I used eBay but if you don't want to use that, you could list some items in the local paper (if they allow that) or do a car boot/yard sale/whatever you call them. Or, as suggested, do chores or little jobs like babysitting and walking dogs.

Mirabye May 29th 2020 02:27 PM

Help someone with homework? Find a job offer for a copywriter?

Dawn. May 30th 2020 11:20 AM

There are a few chores that you can do as other members have mentioned such as mowing the lawns, watering the plants, etc. :)

DeletedAccount53 December 28th 2020 09:02 AM

Wash cars. If, that is, you're strong enough to wash, say, 10 cars and the opportunity is there to do it. Where I live, there is and it's all good, honest work.

Where I live has a great many really expensive cars. And people with fat wallets. 'Do a good job and it's brass in pocket' as Maman would say, 'because they'll have you again. And again'.