TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Money This forum is for support with financial issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Broke - May 13th 2016, 08:03 PM

Im currently in a sticky situation. I moved out of home two years ago. My family aren't very supportive as they never wanted me to move out in the first place. I have always paid my rent on time on my own and have managed to scrape through every month. As I am a nursing student my timetable changes every couple of months, going from theory time to being on placement. During the second year of my studies I had a part time job which was pretty flexible. I was able to work one day a week and could get by with that. however the girl I worked with was my flat mate at the time. she has some next level mental health issues, and started stalking me. In the end I had to move away from her and give up my job. Then I started third year and I couldn't find another job flexible enough to fit around my timetable. Every month I get an bursary of £400 - however my rent has been £550 every month, paid over 8 instalments, but staying here for 10 months. Now I have to move into another accommodation as the company I am currently with are not providing summer bookings due to refurbishing all the flats. I have found another place to move into however the rent will be £424 every month for the 3 months that I will be staying there. I am struggling now because the first payment needs to be paid next week before I move in however I don't have the money to do it. Even if I did manage to god knows how pay that payment, how would I pay the rest? When I only get paid £400 anyway. id have no money left for travel, mobile top up food etc.. I also need to pay for my graduation tickets, ball, gown dress and all that jazz. I am on placement from the beginning of june till the end of august and I just feel so stressed right now because I don't know which way to turn. Moving back home isn't an option. If I did that I would really struggle to cope - I can't live there.
My family wont lend me any money, and one friend I do know who could possibly have lent me some, has just lost 4k through an online scam so she cant either. I already had to use the university hardship fund earlier in the academic year to make ends meet for my rent payments etc, I've asked my bank if they'd give me a loan but they wont as I am in education and am not working, even though I have told them I have a guaranteed job when I finish, in September I have the contract already. I feel like I have exhausted all options, and I just don't know what to do

''No pressure, no diamonds''

There may not always be a direct answer to a problem, but there is always a way to get through it.
Strength is the best quality of the human mind and body, and I believe everyone has it; whether they believe it or not. Look for that tiny glimmer of hope deep inside yourself and once you've found it let it blossom, glow and illuminate your life.

I'm always here if anyone wants to talk.

x x x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Broke - May 15th 2016, 10:13 AM

I'm sorry to hear your financial situation- sounds like a really hard place to be in right now. Is it possible to access the university hardship fund again? Or could you talk to someone at your university? Also, are there any student jobs in your university? Mine would pay students to run the student bar and be flexible about hours etc., so that might be worth looking into.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Broke - May 17th 2016, 02:08 PM

I can't access the hardship fund again as I've used it already. The uni shop aren't taking on any new staff. I just don't know what to do

There may not always be a direct answer to a problem, but there is always a way to get through it.
Strength is the best quality of the human mind and body, and I believe everyone has it; whether they believe it or not. Look for that tiny glimmer of hope deep inside yourself and once you've found it let it blossom, glow and illuminate your life.

x x x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: Broke - May 19th 2016, 05:27 PM

It won't compleately solve the problem, but maybe you can talk to the person running the place you are moving into and explain them the situation, so they might give you another week or two before you have to pay? Not sure if it's gonna work, but it's worth a try.
Appart from that, maybe you can look into other small jobs, like teaching a kid or two in math or something like that. I won't be much but it's a bit more flexible and you can at least get a bit of money out of it. Also babysitting and stuff liek that might be worth a try. I know they don't exaclty are considered real jobs and don't pay much but a few cents are still more than nothing.
Hope you'll finde something

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Broke - May 19th 2016, 07:35 PM

I've spoken to them, they basically they can only hold the room for two weeks after that they'll give it to someone else. That's not helpful.
Im in my third year of nurse training currently I have an assignment due in next Friday, and I start a full time placement on Monday working long shifts, so i'll struggle to do a part time job as well. everything is just too much right now

x x x

Closed Thread