TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

December 15th 2012, 10:01 AM

hay guys long story short im in to all this emo music and stuff and i ike it and i dress in all the cool clothing and im just wondrering should i change my hair please go on to my profile and look at my display pic theres a pic there thanks alot

in my world this would come under this catorgory but you never know with them th mods always normaly moan at me but ohwell if this is not right please move thanks guys anyway hey guys ! im getting in to all this emo stuff now liek the bands etc i wear all the clothes etc now its been like this for a year now i like all the band you name it bvb bring me the horizon upon this drawing music is my life ahah anyway theres a photo of me on my profile on teehep its my display picture and i donno if i should dye my hair black at school or not here are some positives and non positives positive i would look so cool bad reason i would get taken the piss out of at school proper bad also my mum is like the person that deals with me and stuff and she hates things like dyeing hair pireings etc she hates anything like hat and i know she dont really want me to dye my hair i asked ad she said she will think a bout it but she told e she really didnt want me to do it because she said dyeing fucks your hair up or something along them lines i would really like black hair i suppose i coudl try a wig on she what it is like maybe ? also i go to collage in about 7 months and i will hope to be back to my normal hair then because i dont want black hair for collage just for school because it would look so cool! I MUST HAVE IT OUT FOR COLLAGE IM PROBS GONNA BE LESS OF AN EMO AT COLLAGE SO I CAN MAKE FRIENDS AND GET GIRLS EASYER AHAH anyway what should you guys thinkw hat should i do ?

PLEASE BE DEAD HONEST THANK YOU picture one! is my display picture could you take a look at that please
number 2 is shown below

forums/f26-hairstyling/att2128-20121217_211007_1_bestshot-jpg

this is not me trying to look good to good or anything just a quick snap shot ahaha i still want to keep the emo look that is very important guys but i also want the most atractive hair cut and best looking one what do u think???xxx

PLEASE BARE IN MIND THIS IS NOT A PHOTO OF ME tRYING TO LOOK GOOD JUST ANY OLD ONE AHAHAA

Last edited by Tigerlily.; December 19th 2012 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Merging posts into one

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: should i dye my hair black - December 15th 2012, 10:29 AM

Personally I think you look good with what you have..but ultimately its up to you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Re: should i dye my hair black - December 15th 2012, 02:35 PM

okay man thanks

(#4 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Re: should i dye my hair black - December 15th 2012, 03:18 PM

Hey there.
Love the UN, by the way

Anyways, I think you look fine with your hair color as is, but I know that sometimes the light hair look doesn't always go with your look; I dyed my hair darker, but not black.

You might take into account that you are pale (as am I) and dying your hair black may make you look even paler (which is why I didn't dye my hair black)

But it's ultimately up to you

Enjoy!
~paula

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: should i dye my hair black - December 15th 2012, 06:41 PM

Honestly it's up to you, if you don't really want to dye your hair or are only planning on it purely because you think it's what you should do based on your look, then don't do it. If you genuinely want this hair colour regardless of your style, then go for it, but as Paula said, keep in mind, if you are pale, it can really wash out your face even more.

Also, I'm moving this to Hairstyling because it really has to do almost entirely with your hair.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: hair porblems please help me here guys thanks in advance - December 17th 2012, 06:17 PM

Hey there,

I'd havr probably put this under fashion or something like that, self expression is generally for poems, short stories anything creative like that and not hair. I'm sure somebody will move this to the appropriate forum.

Answering your question however, it's up to and what you want to do. You're hair looks good as is, and you shouldn't listen to those guys saying you aren't proper coz you don't have your hair the right colour.
What you have to worry about with dyes is that often times depending on your hair colour, the colour goes wrong, even black, my friend has chetnut hair and tried to go plack, it just brought out the red in her.
But nothing we say should influence you, it is you who has to live with it

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Skatergirl Offline
Skater for life
Average Joe

Re: guys does my hair look better like this? - December 18th 2012, 02:43 PM

Your hair looks good, but you could make it look so sharp looking. (Just for an example style imo) Google Reece Mastin. I think his hair looks awesome, but that's just imo.

I try my best to help, but that doesn't always mean I will be helpful.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Re: guys does my hair look better like this? - December 18th 2012, 10:13 PM

I think it looks good; I see no problems with it.
But, then again, I'm not really a fan of emo hairstyles, just saying.

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.

Closed Thread