TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
blurryface Offline
|-/
Senior TeenHelper

Name: anathema

Two Questions. - April 1st 2013, 02:48 AM

Hi guys. I didn't wanna post two threads, so I'm just gonna do it this way.
As always, feel free to move my post if it's not in the right place or edit it to make it two if need be.

Question 1: Hair treatments for damaged hair.

My hair's pretty damaged. I've done so much to it over the past six months, I can't even begin to tell you. All I can say is bleach, hair dye, repeat.
What are some good home remedies and or cheap store bought remedies you have used or heard about? What works and what definitely doesn't work? If you used this and that, what worked faster or better and how long did it take to see results?

Question 2: Pravana Chromasilk Vivids hair dye.

I've used Manic Panic red and N' Rage pink recently, and it faded reeeeally fast. I wanted to find long lasting out of the box hair color that wouldn't damage hair. Halfway convinced that was wishful thinking, I typed it in google, and found this hair dye. From all the reviews I've read, it's heaven sent hair dye.
Have you guys used this at all? Or do you know someone who has? If so, what did you think?

I know this was a lot, but, I'm sitting here with olive oil and honey in my hair and a bag on my head, so any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. (:

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Two Questions. - April 2nd 2013, 12:41 PM

I had really damaged hair for awhile, and if you aren't willing to cut most of it off like I did, using a leave-in conditioner after every shower can help keep it soft and manageable. I also advice using a deep conditioner once a week, it will really help to put moisture back into your hair.
There is no miracle product that can repair damage, usually products that advertise this are more for preventing it. So my best advice would be to just slowly trim the ends until you get all of the damaged hair out.
As for your second question, I don't have any answer because I haven't used either of those dyes. The problem with unusual colored dye is it will always be semi-permanent, which means that it is going to fade fast. The best thing you can do to preserve it is shower less frequently, and when you do shower, use cold water.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Two Questions. - April 3rd 2013, 03:22 PM

Red is never fully permanent, it's a colour that fades. I get mine done at a hairdressers, and it still fades after a while.

With hair damage, my main piece of advice is don't dye it for a while. Allow it to recover.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

Closed Thread