TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
malikslover Offline
wow i'm really inactive
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Christine

Styling Curly Hair? - September 29th 2013, 01:10 AM

So, I have the thickest, curliest head of hair ever. It's brown by the way. It's about 2 inches past my shoulders. I keep it up in a bun because it's WAY to hard to manage when it's down. I've kept it up since the 6th grade and it's time for a change!

So I just started high school, and I really want to stop keeping my hair up 24/7. So I want to wear it down, but like a scene hair look. I'm also thinking of dying it red, like Ariana Grande's hair. That color. About 4 of my friends have the same hair as me, and they all have it perfect and it looks amazing.
I just really want to change it up. My hair stylist straightened my hair one time, and it took 2 hours! And on a school morning, that wouldn't work out.
You can google "curly scene hair" and I want it to be straight but still show some of my curls?

I'm getting my hair cut soon so I want to know what to tell my hair stylist. Should I cut it down to layers or shorter or…?
If you have thick curly hair, you know how hard it is. If you have any advice on how to cut it and dye it PLEASE let me know.

Thanks

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: Styling Curly Hair? - September 29th 2013, 09:27 PM

Hello!
I also have curly hair. It's so difficult
Layers have never worked well in my hair, but everyone is different. So your stylist might have a better idea. I would find pictures of what you would want your hair to look similar to. Bring them to your stylist and see what they think!

There are also ways to pull some of the curl out of hair without using heat. Experiment with putting your hair up in different ways when it is wet. Braiding my hair in one braid normally calms my hair down a lot! I just sleep on it and in the morning, my hair is a lot easier to work with.

And as always, try to keep your hair as healthy as possible! Dying curly, dry hair can damage it easily. So make sure to use conditioner or something else to keep moisture in you hair!

I'm sure that whatever you do, it will look great! Stylists know what they're doing

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: Styling Curly Hair? - October 4th 2013, 06:07 PM

Hey there,
I'm not really sure about how helpful my advice would be since my hair is pretty straight, but I have a couple of friends with curly hair who like putting their hair in a braid or just wearing it plan down and in ponytails. But yeah, I completely agree with Nal that keeping hair healthy is always important- washing it frequently and using less hair products are a couple of ways I'd recommend. I hope this helps, good luck in choosing a style.

~Rishy

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

Closed Thread