TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Comb in Color - October 31st 2013, 01:21 AM

So, my parents won't let me dye my hair any colors that aren't natural (I can basically do red, blond, and other shades of brown). They won't even let me dye my hair crazy colors at eighteen if I'm living with them, and well, I'm staying home for college.

So I was searching Hot Topic and found Comb In Color.

I will give an example of what it is. This isn't the color I want to do first (I want to try the electric blue the most), but this is what the product looks like:

The description says "temporary." Temporary would mean that I would comb it in and such, wear it for the day, and wash it out? My mom said I would be able to do something like that since it wouldn't be permanently altering my hair color.

They come with two color packs. Does that mean I get two uses out of it before I throw it away? And since it's comb-in, that would basically be like highlighting my hair?

Do these work well? I'm a brunette, if that makes any difference, and right now I have red highlights but they're almost completely faded out by now so I need to add something to my hair. I'm probably not going to get these until Christmas so it definitely will be out by then.

Also, how long do these things take? Like would I be able to do these in the morning before school and everything would be dry and such by school, or would it be best to do it the night before?

If this product doesn't come out within one or two washes, can anyone tell me a product that does and where I can get it? Actually, even if this product does work I'd appreciate suggestions on other brands I can get because I want a variety of colors if possible. I'd prefer something I can purchase online that ships to the U.S./is in the U.S. because my mom won't travel just for hair color. I found this gel that I can just style in to my hair, but it was on clearance and Hot Topic only had blue in it. I got it for Halloween but definitely want more variety and more colors that I can buy.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Comb in Color - November 1st 2013, 01:35 AM

EDIT: If you suggest other hair products, don't suggest gels. Gosh, the gel I got was awful.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: Comb in Color - November 4th 2013, 08:30 PM

Unfortunately I can't really suggest anything since, y'know, UK chick here. What I will say is that most packets will say on them how long they last. I've never used temporary hair colours but most I've seen last 6-12 washes depending on the brand and stuff. If you're not sure, try googling "How long does [brand] stay in for?" and see what you can find. You will not be the first to ask that question so someone will have answered it somewhere.

I can totally empathise with the parent thing, though. I first dyed my hair at 17, and it went from dark brown to purple. Since then it's mostly been red until I dyed it a colour close to my natural one and just let it grow out naturally. My dad hated it and was always moaning about having a "normal" hair colour. It's your life and once you turn 18 they shouldn't be stopping you from living your life. Although, if it means an easier life, you might be as well holding off until you move out and then going all peacock on your hair.

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

Closed Thread