TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
acting101 Offline
Average Joe

Hair Extensions - December 24th 2013, 01:06 AM

All my life I've had short hair and it just refuses to grow past or even down to my shoulders. It usually gets a bit past my chin then stops. I'd really love to have long hair though at least once in my life, so the idea of hair extensions has crossed my mind. The only hair extensions I've ever seen are the clip in ones that some of my friends have had. But they all had long hair already and used it to make their hair thicker or something.

What sort of options in hair extensions do I have to make my hair longer? Are there any kinds of permanent ones I could investigate? Any idea on how much these would cost?

Thanks for any advice!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chin up, buttercup.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emery

Re: Hair Extensions - December 24th 2013, 03:36 AM

Hi,

I have a pixie haircut and I absolutely adore it, but sometimes I want to have longer hair (like about down to my waist) like my other friends, so I put in extensions. It honestly depends on how thick your hair is. I have thick, wavy short hair, so I use clip-in extensions. If you have thinner hair, permanent extensions is the better route to take, although you can still opt for clip-in ones as well.

I got my clip-in ones from the mall. I have a total of 9 pieces that clip in, and each one was about $30 (keep in mind, these are of good quality) and the higher the quality of extensions you want, the higher the price tag.

Permanent extensions are offered at my hair salon I go to, and the total cost for those is around $170. The permanent extensions do require more care than the clip-in ones, so this would be something else for you to look into also.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me!
Hope I helped you. <3

I love you to the moon and back.

Darling you are the only exception. ~Paramore ♡

Closed Thread