TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lindsey98 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lindsey

Question Why are some girls obsessed with being blondes? - January 9th 2014, 01:26 AM

I'm a natural blonde and people always assume I'm dumb it's not at all fun being a blonde.

People always ask me if I dye my hair and when they figure out I don't they tell me they're so jealous.

Why do some girls want blonde hair?
Are guys somehow attracted to blonde hair more?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chin up, buttercup.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emery

Re: Why are some girls obsessed with being blondes? - January 9th 2014, 01:36 AM

Hi Lindsey,

I don't believe in the whole "dumb blonde" thing. It's so stereotypical to me. I don't get it, but don't let people tell you that because you're blonde, you're automatically dumb. That's so not true. There are plenty of people with blonde hair that are very intelligent.

Are you a platinum blonde, or a strawberry blonde? My friends are jealous of them. Blonde hair is beautiful; it's unique, looks soft and luxurious, it's no wonder people are jealous.
In my opinion, every girl wants what they can't have.
If you're a brunette, you wanna be blonde.
If you're a ginger, you wanna be brunette.
If you're a blonde, you wanna have black hair.
Every girl wants what they can't have.

I personally know a lot of guys who don't even date girls unless they have blonde hair. I think there are certain guys out there who prefer blondes, some who prefer brunettes, and some who just don't care. It all depends on the guy.

I think blonde hair is awesome.
Hope I've helped you!

I love you to the moon and back.

Darling you are the only exception. ~Paramore ♡

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lindsey98 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why are some girls obsessed with being blondes? - January 9th 2014, 01:43 AM

Lol I don't really think I'm strawberry or platinum it's more of a slightly toned down platinum right now it looks kinda dirty blonde because my hair gets natural highlights in the summer

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chin up, buttercup.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emery

Re: Why are some girls obsessed with being blondes? - January 9th 2014, 01:46 AM

Nice. I bet it's beautiful! I do natural highlights in the summer too, but I'm a brunette, so it just makes my hair a lighter brown.

I love you to the moon and back.

Darling you are the only exception. ~Paramore ♡

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lindsey98 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why are some girls obsessed with being blondes? - January 9th 2014, 01:50 AM

Lol if you look at my profile and avatar you see my hair lol I've been meaning to put an avatar up

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: Why are some girls obsessed with being blondes? - January 9th 2014, 09:30 AM

I'm a blonde & I've never had any issues with being a "dumb blonde" unless it's joking. But also, I've had people compliment my hair color, not because they're obsessed, but they probably just like the color. It doesn't mean they want to be blonde. Just as I love other hair colors but I can't really see myself being anything but blonde. I think it just depends on the person.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: Why are some girls obsessed with being blondes? - January 10th 2014, 01:53 PM

There's a lot of reasons that some girls want blonde hair. It's like people dying it red. It's all a part of their fashion and what's 'in' at the moment. Another reason is that they want to be like everyone else, to fit in with the crowd.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Vint Fall

Re: Why are some girls obsessed with being blondes? - January 12th 2014, 02:50 AM

That stereotype sounds really old, I can't see it as anything else, other than a joke or a simple tease.

There could be many reasons to subconscious desires. Maybe blond/fair hair automatically associates to appeal. I'm not sure. Blond girls do appear more daring, bold, untouched and attractive. It's a signal without a real reason why. Can't think of any other than Hollywood's influence and fashion trends which made blond hair appeal more than brunette in some ways. But you can't argue tastes. Brunette is much more common, maybe they have a need to change their appearance and try something new? Or they think they should have been born blond because it suits their intention and character more than the natural color they have.

I moved back while
my head was turned.

Upside down
closer to the end.

Afraid of the dark
within future times.

I'm drowning there,
my final chase.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Spiderpig Offline
Gone forever
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Why are some girls obsessed with being blondes? - January 13th 2014, 01:27 PM

I've not known other girls who want to be blonde so badly. Most seem happy with what they have, and especially happy when their Mum pays for the hairdressing of. Which can be mighty expensive if its highlighting job, or something special. Me? I've dark hair with a natural mouse brown shock that's always been there. If I dyed it blonde then I'd be forever worring of seeing dark roots coming back. Far too much trouble just to blonde really, so I'm content with it because it's unusual and I've received many kind compliments.

My sisters, one of them, Kitty, is auburn haired and pretty with her hair looking wild. Typical tomboy aged 12, when she runs it flies out behind her like a comet. Then there's another Sis who is 15 and dark haired, content with scragging it up to resemble a pineapple. Iona is forever messing with it, always up for a laugh.

Closed Thread