TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

My hair is driving me insane. - November 13th 2016, 09:16 PM

I'm not really sure where to put this, so I'm going to put it here. Feel free to move wherever.

Anywho, I shower at least once a day. Usually after playing with Ava all day, I need one. I also cannot stand feeling dirty. If I feel too sweaty or my skin feels too oily, I have to shower. Anywho, lately my hair is always feeling oily. I've tried different shampoos, using conditioner, not using conditioner. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I don't use product in my hair, I never have, so I know it isn't from that. Any advice on how to solve this issue? Thanks.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Last edited by Fading Light.; November 13th 2016 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Just moving it to a more appropriate forum.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: My hair is driving me insane. - November 14th 2016, 05:47 PM

Hi Ade,

I used to have the same issue with my hair always feeling and looking greasy. I asked my hairstylist about it and she said it's actually bad to wash your hair every day. After that I started washing my hair every other day. When I do wash it I use shampoo, then I rinse most of it out, and then I use a bit more shampoo to lather it up better. I also don't use conditioner on my roots, I just use it at the end of the strands.

If this still doesn't work then there are some "clean rinse" shampoos (neutrogena sells some, and it's the brand I use). Try using that 1-2 times a week then follow with your normal shampoo after that.

I hope this helps! If it still doesn't then definitely go to your local hair salon for some other tips!

Good luck!
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: My hair is driving me insane. - November 14th 2016, 06:18 PM

I agree with not washing it every day. This does not mean not showering every day though, you can always use a shower cap or just not wash it. Have you tried shampoo that you get at a salon rather than just the kind regular stores sell? My hair does a lot better in pretty much every aspect when I use paul mitchell tea tree shampoo rather than things you find in a regular store. It's more expensive but definitely worth it in some cases.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: My hair is driving me insane. - November 16th 2016, 01:32 AM

I can't not wash my hair. It's an anxiety trigger that I wish to not get in to right now, but thanks for the advice.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
Closed Thread