TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Hairstyles. - January 11th 2017, 02:08 AM

Hey everyone!

So I have medium length hair, it's a little lower than my shoulders. I am a medium brown. My hair is also VERY thick! I really dislike how thick my hair is. It's also frizzy.

My question is, do any of you know any hair styles that are easy to do? I have to have my hair up for work, but I am getting sick of ponytails.

Thanks guys!

My hair looks a little like this, just a bit more thicker and not blonde

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Hairstyles. - January 11th 2017, 02:30 AM

-French braids. Once you get the hang of them, they're easy and you can do them anywhere!
You can also do things like incorporating different types into one style like a waterfall dutch, french braids into a braided bun which turns out super pretty or like a fishtail, french braid bun that's braided, ect.
-Buns (sock bun, messy bun [my go to when my hair isn't cooperating], upside down french braid bun, braided bun -put your hair in a pony tail then braid, for one of my sister's dances she had a never ending french braid bun which was really cool, french braid rolled buns, double dutch braided bun, etc)
-Dutch braids (I use these fairly often because they're quick and hold nicely!) and there's loads of different styles you can do with them
-Fishtail
-Mermaid braids
-Crown braids
-Katniss braids (they were super popular a few years back when I was in high school but I still wear them sometimes when I'm feeling like it)

You can also mix up a pony tail by incorporating different braids into it like this for example.

I'm not how easy these are but I've had to do varieties of these styles for dance and such throughout the years so they're easy for me. You should be able to do them though!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Hairstyles. - January 11th 2017, 04:05 AM

I would say buns, braides fishtal braids are really cute and you can put that into a bun if it has to be up up. Any type of braid really. messy buns. pig tail buns i used to have those they are very cute and my grandma called them bug antennas.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Hairstyles. - January 11th 2017, 04:39 AM

I can't actually do braids.. and I use a messy bun a lot as well. Thanks for the recommendations so far

stronger than you seem,

Forum & Chat Moderator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: Hairstyles. - January 11th 2017, 08:44 AM

Hey there,
I have no clue about hairstyles with long hair, but I can give an idea. Look up academies that train hairstylists near you. Those places are cheap, and you get amazing ideas (and since there often is a professional overseeing the students its pretty risk free). I got my new look at one (shaved head), and basically all the advice of a pro stylist, for a fraction of the price.
Hope you find something you like

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Name: Bri

Re: Hairstyles. - January 12th 2017, 01:07 PM

youtube simple hair dos and teach yourself how to braid and do some fun stuff...I have super thick hair, but I cut my hair short lol...so I'm not much help. But, when I did have long hair, I looked for video ideas and tricks.

Edit: Britt-- seriously though, just youtube for tips. "Easy to do hair up do's". Something like that. I braided your hair, once, it looked good. Get some bobbie pins and experiment.

"We accept the love we think we deserve."
"In that moment, I swear, we were Infinite."
"There's an I in Illness
and a We in Wellness."

Last edited by Briana; January 12th 2017 at 01:10 PM. Reason: I didn't realize who posted this lol!!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Hairstyles. - January 12th 2017, 05:29 PM

Hi Bri

I'm good at hiding my identity
I thought your hair was thin when it was long maybe because you straightened it all the time.

I will definitely try YouTube. Thanks!

stronger than you seem,

Forum & Chat Moderator

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Hairstyles. - January 13th 2017, 01:24 AM

I have used youtube to sometimes to figure out how the heck to do certain things (mainly for my sister's dances but also for me ). This is one you can check out. She does show some hairstyles for short and medium hair lengths and does loads of braids. This is another one I have used although I end up muting it and reading the subtitles but they do show some good hairstyles.

Braids are really easy one you get the hang of them! You can start small with a simple French braid and then you can work on different styles once you get the hang of how to do them.

Ballet buns are another easy bun style you can do.

You can also get bun builders to do sock buns (we got ours from the dance store but most dollar stores have them or Walmart or even Real Canadian Superstore, London Drugs, etc will have them). I believe they're also called foam bun doughnuts. They make doing a sock bun super easy and they come with instructions but you can also youtube for tutorials if you're having trouble!

Closed Thread