TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dust and Ash
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Aiyannah

Points: 10,736, Level: 15 Points: 10,736, Level: 15 Points: 10,736, Level: 15

How to revive dead ends? - April 3rd 2018, 07:23 PM

I've noticed that the ends of my hair are smelling burnt. I'm pretty sure that my hair smells this way due to me straightening my hair almost every day, and possibly because of how much I cook without pulling my hair up. Is there any way to revive dead ends without cutting them off? I have been trying different shampoos and conditioners that are supposed to help "revive" dead ends, but it's starting to take a toll on my scalp, like being too dry.

When the world drags you down, roll over and smell the roses.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: How to revive dead ends? - April 4th 2018, 11:49 AM

I have used coconut oil for my hair. You can put it in your wet hair then leave it in for as long as you need then rinse it out with normal shampoo.

You can also melt coconut oil and put it into a spray bottle and spray it on your hair. Your hair may look greasy and oily but after you can use the coconut oil while you wash your hair.

I've used coconut oil for my hair and I liked the results.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dust and Ash
Junior TeenHelper

Re: How to revive dead ends? - April 4th 2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNobleEleanor View Post
I have used coconut oil for my hair. You can put it in your wet hair then leave it in for as long as you need then rinse it out with normal shampoo.

You can also melt coconut oil and put it into a spray bottle and spray it on your hair. Your hair may look greasy and oily but after you can use the coconut oil while you wash your hair.

I've used coconut oil for my hair and I liked the results.
I'll have to save some money to get myself some coconut oil then! Will definitely try it out.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: How to revive dead ends? - April 4th 2018, 04:19 PM

It might help if you didn't straighten it every day. I know my sister in law who is a hairstylist says the reason my hair is so healthy is because I let it dry naturally and hardly ever straighten it etc. I know that might be hard to do but I have heard there are things you can do to your hair that don't require straightener.

Cutting the split ends is probably the best because it will get rid of all that hair and then your hair will be more likely to grow faster. I know that a lot of the time you can just trim it though so you wouldn't have to get a ton taken off. A lot of the time when I get my hair cut I just trim it maybe take an inch or two off or just clean it up.

If all you did was a hair cut you probably wouldn't need to spend a ton of money. Getting hair done tends to cost more if you dye it etc.

Best regards.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dust and Ash
Junior TeenHelper

Re: How to revive dead ends? - April 4th 2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
It might help if you didn't straighten it every day. I know my sister in law who is a hairstylist says the reason my hair is so healthy is because I let it dry naturally and hardly ever straighten it etc. I know that might be hard to do but I have heard there are things you can do to your hair that don't require straightener.

Cutting the split ends is probably the best because it will get rid of all that hair and then your hair will be more likely to grow faster. I know that a lot of the time you can just trim it though so you wouldn't have to get a ton taken off. A lot of the time when I get my hair cut I just trim it maybe take an inch or two off or just clean it up.

If all you did was a hair cut you probably wouldn't need to spend a ton of money. Getting hair done tends to cost more if you dye it etc.

Best regards.
Ah, that's true as well. I used to trim my split ends, but stopped because I don't like cutting my hair. I'm probably going to have to start trimming my hair again. It is hard to not straighten my hair, especially because my hair is naturally wavy.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: How to revive dead ends? - April 5th 2018, 02:56 AM

I don't tend to like cutting my hair either. Last year I cut a fair bit off but I'll probably grow it back again. My hair is relatively healthy, thin but there is a ton of it and it get really knotted. I can brush my hair and ten minutes later there are knots. It's a pain which is why shorter hair is better for me.

I do know that for split ends it helps to trim them. I don't think you have to trim off a lot though and if you know how to do it yourself it is even better.

My hair is wavy a lot too but straightening it took too much time and never held long ( my sister in law says it's because of how my hair is). I can get away with a more natural look as long as I carry a brush.

I do think that if you google stuff you can find ways to deal with wavy hair in a more natural way. If you know people that do hair you might be able to ask them as well.

My sister in law has helped me a lot with my hair because she knows I don't like doing a lot so she has given me tips.

She does do it up every time I go in just because.

Anyway, I hope that you are able to find a resolution.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Dust and Ash
Junior TeenHelper

Re: How to revive dead ends? - April 5th 2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
I don't tend to like cutting my hair either. Last year I cut a fair bit off but I'll probably grow it back again. My hair is relatively healthy, thin but there is a ton of it and it get really knotted. I can brush my hair and ten minutes later there are knots. It's a pain which is why shorter hair is better for me.

I do know that for split ends it helps to trim them. I don't think you have to trim off a lot though and if you know how to do it yourself it is even better.

My hair is wavy a lot too but straightening it took too much time and never held long ( my sister in law says it's because of how my hair is). I can get away with a more natural look as long as I carry a brush.

I do think that if you google stuff you can find ways to deal with wavy hair in a more natural way. If you know people that do hair you might be able to ask them as well.

My sister in law has helped me a lot with my hair because she knows I don't like doing a lot so she has given me tips.

She does do it up every time I go in just because.

Anyway, I hope that you are able to find a resolution.
That's nice of her! I'll have to think about what I want to do to help my hair, haha. As much as I don't want to, I'll probably have to turn to trimming my hair.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
watkinsyvonne99 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,105, Level: 5 Points: 1,105, Level: 5 Points: 1,105, Level: 5

Re: How to revive dead ends? - August 18th 2020, 05:32 PM

Hi! try these home remedies that will help your dead ends.
Egg Yolk. Using egg as a hair mask is one of the best and most effective remedies of all time. Hopefully it will help.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
javier221 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 446, Level: 3 Points: 446, Level: 3 Points: 446, Level: 3

Re: How to revive dead ends? - October 6th 2021, 07:10 AM

I know how that feels. I, too, love to straighten my hair, and I end up doing that almost every day. This has damaged my hair a lot, and at times I've experienced extremely frizzy and bad textured hair. I've also been experiencing immense hair fall, and I've been upset about it.
So here are the things I've used to stop hair fall and improve the quality of my hair texture.
Firstly, you need to limit ironing your hair for some time to increase the effectiveness of what you do. Now you need to moisturize your hair as much as you can. So start with oiling the roots and use aloe vera and flaxseed gel for the lengths and ends. A mixture of these two is excellent and will improve the quality of your hair. You can also use rice water for further benefit.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Tennant Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 804, Level: 4 Points: 804, Level: 4 Points: 804, Level: 4

Re: How to revive dead ends? - November 8th 2021, 10:37 AM

Never get carried away with such devices as a rectifier, a raft and others. They all damage your hair. Then you'll regret it very much. Read the article edited and see what hairstyles are for long hair. If you look on this site, you can even find how to look after your hair. Take care of your hair.

Last edited by Ennui.; November 8th 2021 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Link is not relevant to the post.
Closed Thread