TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
acid Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Bleaching hair help! - August 16th 2009, 06:16 AM

Hi there, I need some advice on bleaching from anyone who knows anything about it or has tried it.
First off let me say, I'm a guy, so not a WHOLE lot of head to cover. Second, I have bleached before using what I believe to be a 30 Volume Peroxide and powdered bleach that I picked up at a local drugstore.
It didn't totally become BLEACHED but turned a bit lighter, somewhat orange I guess. But not to fret, with a simple hair color of blonde overtop of that (a few days later, mind) it looked pretty good.

Now its been a while since that entire operation, and my roots have been steadily growing in, I've gotten it cut once so obviously there isn't much dyed hair left, and I'm going for another cut in a couple of days.

My question is...
What is your advice on bleaching with better results? I was considering getting my hands on a 40 Volume Peroxide and some powdered bleach and attempting it again but maybe wait longer after application, and try to apply from top to bottom and keep my hair wrapped in plastic wrap while I wait. (This was told to me by the lovely lady working behind the cosmetics counter where I first got the peroxide).

Now I know it's not really possible for me to get shiny platinum white blonde hair, but something a bit lighter than the orange would be nice if anyone has any suggestions or tips. And I'm not gonna be too bothered if the results are not FANTASTIC because like I've done before, I can always go back over it.

And I plan to attempt all this AFTER my cut coming up...

Thank you to anyone who has any advice for me!

- Acid

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Half doomed and semi-sweet <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Rhia.

Re: Bleaching hair help! - August 16th 2009, 08:15 PM

Do NOT cover your hair in plastic wrap. This is the best way to get chemical burn. You'll be left without any hair at all.

40%...again with the chemical burn. This wont get you any blonder than a 30% would.
The colour you get after bleaching all depends on your natural hair colour. If you have dark or even mildly dark hair then there is going to be some orange.
So the results pretty much just wont change.

I'm against home bleaching. It's a terrible idea. If you want your hair to look good then go to a hairdressers but if you're dead set on doing it at home and seeing as you don't have much to lose (if you hair falls out it wont matter, you're a bloke. That's a good look) I might aswel give you some advice. Where as i'd flat out refuse for a girl. I wouldnt want to be held responsable for a girl's hair breaking off in clumps.

The only thing you can do is do what you did before but apply a Light Ash Blonde over the top. Ash shades of blonde will get rid of alot of orange but wont leave you with platinum hair.

If someone tells you to cover your hair with anything...dont do it.

If they tell you to apply HEAT to it while you're leaving it to work...DON'T DO IT!

You might want to invest in a VERY good shampoo for blonde hair along side a VERY good conditioner for blonde hair. There are some on the market that SLOWLY help to fade orange colours.

You could also look for a blonde hair toner. Try Sally's for that. You'll have to ask for advise from someone who works there about the right toner for your hair.
Just remember to buy a toner BEFORE you try bleaching your hair. A toner must be applied right after colouring. Even waiting a day will just make the toner worthless.
You may require several applications of toner.

Good luck.

H a p p i n e s s.
  Send a message via MSN to 20 Dollar Nose Bleed  
Closed Thread