TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Remember that one haircut... - November 19th 2009, 11:47 PM

Hey, do any of you guys remember when you got your worst haircut?

I'd think I got mine now. Basically my mom pays her friend to get my haircut instead of a professional, and this woman cut holes into my head. All I wanted was to get the bangs touched up, but she went all ADHD on me (no offense to anyone who has ADHD) and started pointing out all the flaws with my hair, saying it was 'too thick' and thinned it out. What?! It was fine! Only the bangs were out of whack, I swear! And I like my thick hair because when it's straightened, it looks like it has life to it.

The ends of my hair have been butchered! I'm gonna have to get a good 2 inches cut off the back to level it off again. It's a good thing my hair grows back fast...

Anyone wanna share? Maybe we can prevent other people from making the same mistakes!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Name: no

Re: Remember that one haircut... - November 20th 2009, 04:41 AM

Oh god yes. It was years ago... I've always had fairly medium length hair, but in year 10 I think it was, I got my hair cut a lot shorter than usual right before the end of year festival.. it came out awful. it was really uneven, as i remember it, where one side of my head stuck out longer than the other, and the hair that fell on my brow was cut strangely almost straight across. it was embarrassing for the party! i hated all the pictures of me.

I love the name of honour more than I fear death.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Remember that one haircut... - November 20th 2009, 04:46 AM

That sucks I'm sorry. My worst haircut was kind of my fault but pretty much it was was to short and puffy I hate puffy hair....the length was right above my ears I don't remember how long it took to grow back out but I do know I have apicture with that hair cut becauser I couldn't get out of it

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Remember that one haircut... - November 27th 2009, 04:50 AM

oh gosh i hate it when that happens. like two years ago i went to the hairdresser and my hair was like half way down my back.. i asked for an inch off.. and i ended up getting hair that was not much longer than a bob..! i was soooo mad, i didn't pay her. it was too late once she'd done the first chop because i'd have had uneven hair. grr.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: Remember that one haircut... - November 28th 2009, 10:17 PM

I think mine was just after i left primary school(year 6ish) , my mum persuaded me to get my long hair hacked off, and they cut it sooo short, with a bit of layering at the bottom....and all of a sudden my hair turned curly and frizzy and so i looked like a poodle at school(before the times of straighteners and the like) and i remember kids laughing at my hair because it was this big mound of unruly puffy mess! Never that short again! lol

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Remember that one haircut... - November 29th 2009, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittermist View Post
I think mine was just after i left primary school(year 6ish) , my mum persuaded me to get my long hair hacked off, and they cut it sooo short, with a bit of layering at the bottom....and all of a sudden my hair turned curly and frizzy and so i looked like a poodle at school(before the times of straighteners and the like) and i remember kids laughing at my hair because it was this big mound of unruly puffy mess! Never that short again! lol
I like your avatar!

I got mine cut like that back in May. Of course, I didn't want it like that, but the lady thought it was 'too thick' and needed layers. What?! Layers makes it look even thicker! No matter what I did, I couldn't straighten the back, because it was always flipping up from where the layers were. My ends were also dry and brown. I did everything I could to grow it back out again, and thank goodness it was summer- my hair grows back really fast in the summer. I'm 3 inches past that mess...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Re: Remember that one haircut... - November 29th 2009, 06:07 PM

I got mine cut quite nicely a year or so ago, but then I went on holiday, and we didn't bring a blow-dryer with us... I spent that entire fortnight with hair like a mushroom before we got back home and I could straighten it.

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#8 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Remember that one haircut... - November 29th 2009, 06:31 PM

OMG, I was about 10 and I had long hair with no fringe. Well this woman recommended short hair with a fringe. I agreed, when she finished I bloody looked like John and Edward from Xfactor.
Everyone thought I was a boy because I had such a boyish hair cut and was into sports.

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
Closed Thread