TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DarknessDivided Offline
50% rage 50% demon 100% ME
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: NightShade

Wanna dye my hair PINK!!! - April 1st 2010, 07:40 PM

So, what is the best brand to use for dyeing hair colors like pink and purple?

4 8 15 16 23 42
It began January 2004
It ended May 2010
James Ford forever has my heart

"Son of a Bitch!"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Wanna dye my hair PINK!!! - April 1st 2010, 07:52 PM

Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL works best in my opinion.

edit: for crazier colours, maybe manic panic?

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while

Name: Keeley Siobhan

Re: Wanna dye my hair PINK!!! - April 1st 2010, 08:01 PM

Well, first, and I know this is an annoying thing to hear, make sure that you're sure about this. According to your profile, you're only 13. I wanted to do lots of crazy things when I was 13 which I would've deeply regretted now if I'd done them. You have to be very comfortable with yourself to make such a drastic change. You have to be ready to handle comments you're going to get from people about your hair-- some will be good, some will be bad. I'm not trying to discourage you, but there's a high likelihood that this is kind of impulsive right now and if you just decided yesterday that you want to dye your hair, I'd suggest you wait a month or two to be absolutely positive you want to dye your hair pink. When I was deciding whether to do my hair red (like bright red) or not, I started with clip-in extensions. Once I decided I liked the look after wearing them for a few months, I went ahead and dyed some of my hair red. After having that for another couple months, I decided to dye more of my hair red. I'm glad I didn't go all out and dye my whole head red right away because I really had no idea how it would turn out. I would suggest you do something like this (taking small steps) rather than just going and dying your hair a crazy color. I have some of my hair bright red now (you can see it in my profile picture) and I get both good and bad comments from people. Some people judge me harshly because of it. Just things to keep in mind.

Anyways, onto dyes. The dye you get will really depend on the pink you want and what color your hair is now. If you have dark hair, you're going to have to bleach your hair to get a vibrant pink, which can be VERY damaging to your hair if not done carefully and correctly or by a professional. There's a brand of dye I've used before that has bleach in the color so you don't have to separately bleach your hair and it's meant to work best on dark hair. They have a fuchsia color, as well. It's L'Oreal's Colour Rays line. I've had good results with them in the past. You can get them it at any drugstore that sells hair dye. Even if you have light hair you can use Colour Rays, but they'll be insanely intense.

If you don't like the color that Colour Rays comes out with (you can go to the L'Oreal website to see the color), I'd recommend Punky Color or Manic Panic. Both of them have a wide range of colors and you can mix them within the brand. The dye is pretty healthy for your hair, but if you want vibrant colors, you're going to have to separately bleach your hair.

I know I'm throwing out a lot of information, so say if you need something explained better or anything. Long story short: make sure you want to dye your hair pink, Colour Rays is nice because you don't have to separately bleach your hair if you have dark hair, and Punky Color and Manic Panic are good if you want more color selection, but you'd have to bleach your hair.

EDIT:
Special Effects (abbreviated SFX) is also a good brand if you can get your hands on it.
This site (http://www.hairdyegallery.co.uk) also has some pictures of people with their pink hair and has tips on hair dying. This place (http://www.amphigory.com/special_effects_hairdye.html) also has some pictures of people with SFX hair colors. I used to have sites that also showed Manic Panic dyes on people, but I can't find them.

"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: Wanna dye my hair PINK!!! - April 2nd 2010, 12:35 PM

special effects is my favourite brand. When I tried to dye my hair purple and pink with manic panic it came out darkish blue and pale pink (i bleached my hair first and left the dye on for 2 hours).
I currently hair the underneath of my hair dyed with special effects atomic pink and it is amazingly bright. It doesn't fade out much either.
Good luck

Closed Thread