TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ladyninetyfour Offline
<3 Utterly Invincible <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Bex

Question Prom hair - April 7th 2010, 10:38 AM

Okay so I might be going to this years prom as someones date, my real one is next year. So because its not really my night I'm gonna do my hair myself not get a professional, but what should I do? Put it up? Mousse it? Straighten it? I have no idea, please help x

Where there's love, there's hope
You cannot destroy me!
xoxox PunkRoxS9 xoxox

Last SH: 03/08/09
  Send a message via MSN to ladyninetyfour  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Prom hair - April 7th 2010, 09:36 PM

I think this really depends on you and your dress.
The shape or style of the dress could look better with you hair up.

Also I guess it depends on how you usually wear your hair, you might want to try something different for a special occasion like this. If you always wear it down and straight try putting it up or curling it.

It can also depend on if you want your dress to be the main statement then you should try to keep it simple.

I would suggest just googling some hair styles or buying some hairstyle magazines and experiment with some styles you like. I am guessing it will be in June/July like most UK proms are so you have plenty of time to experiment and find the right style.
Some styles are difficult to do on your own so I would recommend getting someone to help. It doesn't have to be a professional, if you are keeping the style simple you will probably just need someone to just help you do the back where you can't reach.

Also hair accessories will make a simple style look great, a flower hair clip or a nice hair band can add some colour in and make you look totally different.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Prom hair - April 7th 2010, 09:49 PM

Hey Bex,

If you have a little time before prom I would pick out a few hairstyles you especially like and experiment with them. After styling your hair in one of the experimental styles you've chosen you can ask friends or family members for their opinion of the style. Also, if you style your hair in the morning you can see how well your hair holds that style throughout the day. You have to remember with all the dancing that goes on at prom it's not a good idea to pick a hairstyle that comes loose easily. If you're having trouble with your hair, don't despair. There are other ways to look special for prom. For example, you could buy or borrow some standout jewelry and match your make-up colors to your dress to make everything pop.

Lots of love<3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

Closed Thread