TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Marshmello Kid Offline
Curioser and curioser . . .
Average Joe

Name: Reid

How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 2nd 2010, 12:49 AM

Like the title says, boys, how do you feel about girls with short hair?

“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want
them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”
-Albert Einstein

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Unoriginal Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jack

Re: How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 4th 2010, 07:46 PM

Well it depends... I think girls with short hair look amazing, but thats just my type i guess... other people will think longer is better.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 4th 2010, 08:09 PM

Usually like longer hair but some girls i've seen can pull it off.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 4th 2010, 10:24 PM

Not a guy, obviously... But my thought has always been that girls should choose a hairstyle that will work with the shape of their face. Girls can pull off shorter hair if it works with their facial structure.
I used to absolutely haaaaaaate the idea of getting my hair cut, and now I hate going more than 2 months without getting it cut, and it is a shorter length (a bob that hits an inch or two above the shoulders).
The one thing I do dislike is the girls with the "boy-cuts." Yes, some girls can pull it off, but I still think your hair should be a bit more feminine and soften your features more.

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 6th 2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Emily~ View Post
Not a guy, obviously... But my thought has always been that girls should choose a hairstyle that will work with the shape of their face. Girls can pull off shorter hair if it works with their facial structure.
I used to absolutely haaaaaaate the idea of getting my hair cut, and now I hate going more than 2 months without getting it cut, and it is a shorter length (a bob that hits an inch or two above the shoulders).
The one thing I do dislike is the girls with the "boy-cuts." Yes, some girls can pull it off, but I still think your hair should be a bit more feminine and soften your features more.

I really agree... I cut my hair short awhile back. It looks good at first but then grew a little bit.. And last time I saw a photo I thought oh my God, how did I ever get a boyfriend when I looked so butch? Lol. It was cute a lot of days but now I'm growing my hair as loooonnnggg as I can.

I think long hair is way more feminine.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
JackOffJill Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karyn

Re: How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 6th 2010, 05:50 AM

I actually have to disagree with Emily saying: "The one thing I do dislike is the girls with the "boy-cuts." Yes, some girls can pull it off, but I still think your hair should be a bit more feminine and soften your features more." And Algernon saying: "I think long hair is way more feminine."

I have had short hair most of my life. I personally LOVE it. I love making my hair kinda crazy so that my hair stands out. Like in school, people knew me for my hair. I personally love rocking the really short pixie cuts! I think that to some extend that long hair is more feminine, but I think that in order to rock short hair, you have to have the confidence to be able to pull it off.

Here is a picture of me with short hair. Its an older picture of me. haha dont mind the care bear poster in the background haha.
http://tinypic.com/r/2dqr1v9/6

"Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself and become a new person." -Gerard Way
  Send a message via AIM to JackOffJill  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
I can't get enough

Re: How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 6th 2010, 07:04 AM

I'm not a guy. But, I do think that there are a lot of girls that can really pull off the short hair look. If she has the right face shape and bone structure for it, it can look really great on her. And that goes for any sort of haircut.

Send a message via MSN to Spellbound  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 6th 2010, 10:28 AM

I do think some girls can pull it off but I personally couldn't. I also could deal with the hassle of having to style it every day, I like my long hair so I can just tie it back and go when I am in a rush or just can't be bothered.

I really like short hairstyles like Frankie from the Saturdays and she really suits it.

But I really don't like Victoria Beckhams short hair and I don't think she suits it.

I would suggest going to a hairdresser and asking, they will be able to look at your face shape and bone structure and tell you what styles you will suit and if you can pull it off.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 6th 2010, 10:50 AM

I'm not a guy but I'm bisexual so I thought I'd post here too Some girls suit it and some don't. Most of the time I prefer short hair but it can look good

I liked Yulia's hair from t.A.T.u. when it was like this

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Markteenhelp Offline
Mark, Michael, Bry
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Re: How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 6th 2010, 10:54 AM

All depends on your definition of short
Brunette is to short for my liking but the blonde's hairstyle i like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22.jpg (65.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg f9b8a47385a242e7ef6c4640c5d0bd20.jpg (37.1 KB, 5 views)

Learn from yesterday
live for today
hope for tomarrow

(#11 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
I've been here a while

Re: How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 7th 2010, 04:22 AM

Rachel, I think you showed my point exactly using those two pictures. If you look at Frankie (the first picture you posted), you can really tell that the haircut accentuates her features and really softens her overall look, giving her that really feminine face. Unlike Victoria Beckham's short hair, where it looks very butch and very... harsh. Her features do seem a bit more masculine with the short hair.

I think, if you're going to pull off short hair, you've got to have a cut that at least makes you look feminine.

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 7th 2010, 05:55 AM

Depends on the cut and it depends on the person. I tend toward preferring long hair (and have long hair myself), but I've known no shortage of people who look great with short hair.

Really though, cut your hair the way you like it! There's no harm in asking for second opinions, but the most important thing is that you like the way you look, even if everyone else thinks you just look nuts.

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 7th 2010, 09:21 AM

Completely depends. As long as it suits you go for it, I've seen plenty of girls who look amazing with short hair. I personally think short hair styles on girls can look great. It's fun to have a different hair style anyway (mine is actually veeery long).

Personally I'm not really a fan of extremely short, like that picture of victoria beckham. It can work, but it's extremely difficult to pull off and not too many people can. Not every hair style will suit every person, it's all about finding the right ones for you.
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 7th 2010, 08:41 PM

I am not a guy either, but girls and people in general should choose the style they think is best. For example, I find that even though you can do less with short hair it is easier to maintain which in my case is important. Some people, however like long hair and caring for it.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 7th 2010, 09:17 PM

Lol, I love that only girls have replied to this. I'm a girl too, obviously, and I'm straight, but I agree that it depends on your face shape. Every girl is different, and if a guy comments on this saying they hate girls with short hair, I might feel an urge to attack them.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Sniper Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How do you feel about girls with short hair? - June 7th 2010, 09:47 PM

A girl with a boy's haircut looks gross. But the type of hair that hangs just barely go pasts the ears can work with some girls.

The Chatroom Virgin

Closed Thread