TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

My hair doesn't fit with me D: - July 9th 2010, 02:15 PM

I can't believe I never thought to post in here before!
My hair seriously drives me nuts. It's brown and naturally wavy/curly and in the sunlight it just kinda shines. I love it, it just doesn't really...fit with me, if that makes sense.
I dress in mostly dark colours, I'm not goth or emo but I do like the dark skulls and pentagrams and all that stuff. I'm rarely ever not wearing something black. Always black.
But my hair is brown. And it's difficult to manage. Maybe I just suck at it but it just never does what I want it to.
Usually it just sits hanging down, occasionally straight, more often than not, the natural wavy/curly way it is.
I see girls wearing the same kinds of clothes I do all the time and they just look great!
I mean they pretty much all have blonde or black hair, sometimes some outrageous colour like blue or red or pink and they look great.
I tried to get my hair cut in a kind of style that fitted more with how I dress (instead of just plain hanging down wavy I put in some supposedly 'choppy' layers and gave them a picture of what I wanted the front to look like and they pretty much messed it up)
I'm not sure what I'm asking I just need a way for my hair to fit more with me. I really love it and I wanted to put in some purple and red flashes but I don't know if it'd really work with brown and I love my hair colour.
Gah
Are there any kind of styles or anything I could try to see if I can look less...not right?
I'd like to look my age. I'm 17 and mistaken for 14-15. A waitress gave me a kiddies menu last week.
Maybe I can do something with my hair to change that too? Or am I just being too hopeful?
Any ideas/advice is appreciated

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: My hair doesn't fit with me D: - July 9th 2010, 06:01 PM

Can you use any type of shampoo?
If you can I suggest getting one to help with straightness.

The colors you want can work with brown hair you just have to get them at a different intensity level.
I know what hair your talking about. I finally got the hair cut that I wanted and it works out fantastic when I style it right.
Let your hair grow out just a little more and try again with a different hair stylist.
Ive notice though that for the kind of hair you want you have straighten it more to get the desired look.

Yes there are tons of styles out there that will be right for you make you feel like your hair finally fits you. Use google. It is your best friend in the whole world. It may take some time because it took me months to find the perfect style.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: My hair doesn't fit with me D: - July 9th 2010, 08:34 PM

i know how you feel, i'm almost 19 and it's alwys: would you like a kid menu. haha. anyways if you posted your pic on here, we could shoot styles at you and help you.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: My hair doesn't fit with me D: - July 9th 2010, 09:07 PM

You may want to consider the clip-in colour strips, they come in curly and straight. As for the age, it may not be because of your hair, but rather because of your style. I know, as a Goth, being kind of short, and having a younger face, I get mistaken for 16 or so, even though I'm 22.

Nonetheless, maybe straighten your hair and get a hair cut that is more "alternative" as well, if thats how you feel. Or even do an alternative-style cut with the hair you have now?
Like This?, or This?, or even This?.

And as I said, if you like how you dress, dress it. But, keep in mind it'll make you look your age, or younger. So I mean, if you want to look older, you can't dress Gothy or Emo, really. Both styles are, after all, commonly associated with a childish fad, though thats a bad generalization for people to have.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#5 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: My hair doesn't fit with me D: - July 9th 2010, 09:39 PM

-ArcAngel- Ohmygosh I LOVE the third one! Thank you!
I have red clip in strips already but the reason I wanted to put real colour in my hair is that they sit kind of apart from the rest of my hair so it's pretty obvious they're not real and they are pretty good ones.
Emoticon if it helps at all I look like this (eep )
forums/f26-hairstyling/att950-image0406-jpg
Sorry for the bad quality, it's the most recent one I have and I had to take a picture of the computer screen. (Long story)

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: My hair doesn't fit with me D: - July 9th 2010, 09:48 PM

Hrm, some people can make them look SO real, and if I knew how they did it, I'd tell you.

But the red definitely goes with the dark brown really well. So maybe some peek-a-boos of red would suit you? Remember, though, you'd have to bleach those pieces first.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

Closed Thread