TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bipolar Offline
Average Joe

Name: Leah

WTF!? umm how? - July 24th 2011, 07:35 PM

ok does anyone watch make it or break it? lauren tanners hair is always in a braid, and i love some of them. anyone know how to do her hairstyles? and how do you do a fishtail braid. anyone seen these?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitney...1323/lightbox/

well i love them but have no clue how to do them. help? and i would also like to know how to do a messy bun right cause mine always look REALLY weirdd...

and i know this is a lotta questions but has anyone seen those pony tails that don't use a hair tie and they like tie the hair round the pony tail? i might've dreamed this, but if you know the tips and tricks and well how to do one please comment. thanks

had a dream, i was king. woke up, still king(: - eminem

you put up walls and paint them all a shade of gray. i stood there loving you and wished them all away. and you come away with a great little story of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you- taylor swift

i dont know what i want, so don't ask me- taylor swift.

maybe there's beauty in goodbye. theres just no reasons left to try. you push me away. another black day. let's count up the reasons to cry.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: WTF!? umm how? - July 24th 2011, 07:38 PM

I have no idea how to describe how to do a fishtail, but as for the ponytails, they do actually use a hair tie, you just wrap a piece of hair around the ponytail and secure it with a bobby pin

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: WTF!? umm how? - July 24th 2011, 07:53 PM

Firstly. I love Make it or Break it and I am gutted it got cancelled.

Secondly. I think that picture is of a french braid. Fish tail braids are like this http://virtuousgirlhood.com/wp-conte...tailbraids.jpg

I can't do french braids but there are videos on youtube that show you how to do it. I can kind of do it on other peoples hair but not my own.
This is a good video for a french braid, http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-french-braid-hair-2 but you just don't pull it as tight if you want it to look like the picture you posted.

I have also found a lot of videos by typing in Lauren Tanner braid into youtube like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjMq_3otO_Y and this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O03Ln...eature=related

(#4 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Re: WTF!? umm how? - July 24th 2011, 08:53 PM

The fishtail braid... well it's hard to explain really. Divide your hair into two, take a small section of hair from the OUTside of one half and put it in the INside of the other half. Then take a small section from the OUTside of the second half, and put it on the INside of the first half. Once you've had a practice, it'll get easier.

A messy bun... Basically put your hair in a ponytail, but don't pull the hair all the way through the last time. Then you can secure bits with another hair tie or bobby pins.

And like Myss said, just do a normal pony tail with a hair tie and wrap a little piece of hair around it, securing with a bobby pin.

Closed Thread