TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ash5150 Offline
Not a n00b

Question My hair will NOT fade - November 2nd 2011, 02:57 AM

So back at the begining of September I bleached and died my hair using Twisted Teal from Raw. The bottle said it would last for four to six weeks and then it would slowly fade. Well, my hair has definately grown because my roots (dark blond) are clearly visible, but doesn't seem like the color has faded all that much. I mean, it HAS gotten a little lighter, but it's still obviously blue. My 21st birthday is coming up and my girlfriend, some friends, and I are all going out to the club and I want die my hair a nice dark chocolate brown color.
A friend said I should bleach it and then die it. I'm really worried about messing up the health of my hair by all this dying and bleaching. After nearly two months do you think it'd be ok for me to just dye it, or should o bleach it first?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: My hair will NOT fade - November 2nd 2011, 04:51 AM

I think it's best if you do this professionally. In order for the true dark chocolate brown color to come out, your hair would need to be bleached and then dyed. If you don't, the new hair color might not take and will wash out after a few washes. This happened when I tried to die my hair red myself; when I had it done professionally, it turned out much better than what I could do myself.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: My hair will NOT fade - November 4th 2011, 12:27 PM

I would try a color stripper, such as Color Oops. I used it on my black hair before dying it red (pics on my profile if you wish) and it worked very well and it was less damaging than bleach is.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: My hair will NOT fade - November 4th 2011, 12:56 PM

I agree with Nicole about the colour stripper, I used it to get the red colour out of my hair and it works really well

Most colour strippers don't strip bleach so your hair will probably be still the colour of the bleach after you strip it so you can just put the brown dye on straight after. The stripper I had said you could dye straight afterwards but make sure you check on the box before you do this

Closed Thread