TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pianissimo Offline
Used to be Floriferous
Experienced TeenHelper

Angry Hair issues. - January 19th 2012, 12:13 AM

Amanda is grumpy.
Very, very grumpy.

So, I made a thread a couple of weeks ago that I dyed my hair.
Anywho, it had a picture where ALL of it was dyed.
As of now, the roots look fantastic! But the rest of my hair is my natural color. The thing is, I had to dye it twice because my aunt did it and we didn't have enough dye. (We only had enough for the roots) So when we got home, my mom dyed the rest.
It stayed for a week at the most.
Now I honestly don't want to dye it again (And plus, it would probably just fade anyways), but I hate how my hair looks now. It looks like somebody just colored my roots with a Sharpie. Is there any other possible way I could fix this?
  Send a message via AIM to Pianissimo Send a message via MSN to Pianissimo Send a message via Skype™ to Pianissimo 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Hair issues. - January 19th 2012, 12:24 AM

Have you ever tried to dye your hair before? If so, I'm not sure why the hair wouldn't take to your hair other than the dye might not have been great for your hair. If you haven't, you might not want to try this again. Hair dye is meant to last anywhere between 4-6 weeks, not just one week. Your hair might not be susceptible to hair dye.

In this case, you could go to a hair stylist and have the rest of the dye stripped from your hair. I've been in your shoes before, and I hate when my roots are the only thing colored. What I did was just find a hair color closed to my natural and dyed it so the roots wouldn't continue to stick out. You could try this as well, or just go to a hair stylist to have the rest stripped.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Hair issues. - January 19th 2012, 07:47 PM

I have a quick fix for this which I always use when hair color goes wrong on me.
Go to the store and look for Color Oops. It doesn't bleach your hair, all it does is shrink the color molecules so you can rinse it out. Just apply it to your roots and you should get most of the dye out so that it goes back to your normal hair color.

Box dye always lasts a long time on me, especially darker colors. Sure, it will fade but one week is ridiculous. Wash your hair every other day and use a shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair if you ever decide to dye your hair again. Rinsing in cold water helps as well.

One more thing. The more you dye your hair, the more porous it becomes. If your hair is very porous, it will absorb hair color much better.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: Hair issues. - January 20th 2012, 01:05 AM

Yeah, pick up a color stripper, it'll take your hair back to the natural color without damaging it.

Sadly, I had the same problem with the color you used. I'm sorry it did the same for you as it did for me It looked pretty while it lasted!

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Hair issues. - January 20th 2012, 02:16 AM

I'd also like to add that if you guys used an entire box of dye on just your roots, you're doing it wrong. I can use one box for half of my head, and my hair is diwn to the bottom of my boobs.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Hair issues. - January 20th 2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloo View Post
I'd also like to add that if you guys used an entire box of dye on just your roots, you're doing it wrong. I can use one box for half of my head, and my hair is diwn to the bottom of my boobs.
I have the same experiance. My hair is really long and I can use a box with some to spare. I just kind of spread it all around kind of like I'm shampooing my hair and rub it into my roots. You don't necessarily have to do a bunch of small sections because that can cause you to run out of dye faster. I always save the bottle for after I rinse as well so if I find spots I missed I can just take care of them right after.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Pianissimo Offline
Used to be Floriferous
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Hair issues. - January 20th 2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelophobia View Post
Have you ever tried to dye your hair before? If so, I'm not sure why the hair wouldn't take to your hair other than the dye might not have been great for your hair. If you haven't, you might not want to try this again. Hair dye is meant to last anywhere between 4-6 weeks, not just one week. Your hair might not be susceptible to hair dye.
I've gotten highlights, but this was the first time I actually dyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
I have a quick fix for this which I always use when hair color goes wrong on me.
Go to the store and look for Color Oops. It doesn't bleach your hair, all it does is shrink the color molecules so you can rinse it out. Just apply it to your roots and you should get most of the dye out so that it goes back to your normal hair color.
Alright, thanks!! I'm going to have to look for some of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloo View Post
My aunt was doing it in small portions, so she ran out fast since I have really thick hair and wasn't able to get the rest.
  Send a message via AIM to Pianissimo Send a message via MSN to Pianissimo Send a message via Skype™ to Pianissimo 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Hair issues. - January 21st 2012, 07:06 AM

Well heat from your head can make hair dye take better which is why its recommended to do your roots last. That could be why it stayed in there and not anywhere else.

Closed Thread