TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Hairstyling This forum is for questions and tips relating to hairstyling, from the trendiest new style, to dye use and conditioning.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

keep hair in place all day - April 1st 2012, 09:55 AM

? hey i am a male and before i go to sixth form i have all my hair looking neat and tidy and like the moment i step outside and i feel a gust of wind my hair messes up and looks awful i use all types of hairspray including That Got2B hair spray which is one of the strongest sprays out there .. as you can see from my albums my fringe is longish and wind totally messes it up which makes me angry

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: keep hair in place all day - April 1st 2012, 01:36 PM

Have you tried blow-drying your hair when you get out of the shower instead of letting it dry naturally? This will help to style your hair better and let you do more things with it.

Also, using moose on your hair might help I know you're a guy so you might not be comfortable doing that, but take it from a girl, Moose really works. Ever since I started using it, I've not had as many bas hair days.
Straightening your hair could help too, that's if you don't already do that. It kind of looks like you have straight hair.

Hairspray really isn't all that it's hyped up to be. It often lets me down and makes my hair go frizzy. So if you're going to use hairspray, only use a bit

Hmmm, You could try getting your hairdresser to thin your fringe out a bit by layering it. This will make it easier to style.

That's all I can think of at the minute. Carry a brush/comb around with you at all times and just slip off to the bathroom when you get to school to re-style. That's all I do

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: keep hair in place all day - April 1st 2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
Have you tried blow-drying your hair when you get out of the shower instead of letting it dry naturally? This will help to style your hair better and let you do more things with it.

Also, using moose on your hair might help I know you're a guy so you might not be comfortable doing that, but take it from a girl, Moose really works. Ever since I started using it, I've not had as many bas hair days.
Straightening your hair could help too, that's if you don't already do that. It kind of looks like you have straight hair.

Hairspray really isn't all that it's hyped up to be. It often lets me down and makes my hair go frizzy. So if you're going to use hairspray, only use a bit

Hmmm, You could try getting your hairdresser to thin your fringe out a bit by layering it. This will make it easier to style.

That's all I can think of at the minute. Carry a brush/comb around with you at all times and just slip off to the bathroom when you get to school to re-style. That's all I do
I have started to blowdry my hair recently and i have seen impovements actually but still not good enough

thanks i will have to look into trying some moose .. and i allready streightern my hair to get the style

so layering would make it easier to style .. how come ?

thanks for your answer

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: keep hair in place all day - April 1st 2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomh7 View Post

so layering would make it easier to style .. how come ?
Layering makes your hair thinner and much lighter, which stops it from frizzing. It also adds natural shape and volume to hair. Plus I always think layered hair looks much nicer... it kind of breaks it up, you know?

No worries, I hope you manage to find a solution

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: keep hair in place all day - April 1st 2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post

Layering makes your hair thinner and much lighter, which stops it from frizzing. It also adds natural shape and volume to hair. Plus I always think layered hair looks much nicer... it kind of breaks it up, you know?

No worries, I hope you manage to find a solution
thanks for the explanation .. will layering it complement the hairstyle i have now. I still want my hair so it does not show any forehead like it does now since i like it how it is

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: keep hair in place all day - April 3rd 2012, 02:12 AM

Charli is right, using some mousse or even just some hair paste stuff can really help keep your hair in place. You just apply it while your hair is wet and then it will dry in place and stay.
Don't use gel though, it will just make your hair look wet

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: keep hair in place all day - April 3rd 2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole! View Post
Charli is right, using some mousse or even just some hair paste stuff can really help keep your hair in place. You just apply it while your hair is wet and then it will dry in place and stay.
Don't use gel though, it will just make your hair look wet
aww thanks nicole i will try some moose and with a bit of luck it will stay in place thanks xx

Closed Thread