TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LadyLeila Offline
Average Joe

Name: Leila

Anti eyebrow piercing - what do you think? - March 2nd 2012, 05:52 AM

I'm thinking of getting an anti eyebrow piercing. I think they're really cool/edgy. However, I don't want to be looked down upon for a choice I think is really cool. I don't care if some people don't like it, not everyone will. I just want to make sure that I won't be giving off a bad image.

I already have a few piercings. I have my ears double pierced, my left nostril pierced (with a diamond stud), and my belly button pierced. I love all of them! I just want to try something spontaneous! I dress pretty classy, so I don't think it would look bad on me, like I think my style would balance things out.

Anyway, just thought I'd consult the general public! Thanks in advance guys

--Alexa Lauren

Never regret something that once made you smile...

...Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Anti eyebrow piercing - what do you think? - March 2nd 2012, 10:44 AM

With something like this, and please correct me if I'm wrong (I had to Google image what you're talking about since I didn't know what an anti-eyebrow piercing was), is that it's the dermals that go underneath the skin on the side of the eye, correct?

If so, with something like this, it's very difficult to have an opinion. I understand at your age you want to try new things, but you're also living in the "real" world now, and having ANY kind of facial piercing can make it difficult to find a job later on. With a dermal, they're very hard to remove, and most places of work require you to take out your piercings before you begin your shift, even the nose piercing, because it IS visible to clients and such. I had a tongue piercing, and you'd think that it'd be okay because it was INSIDE my mouth. Nope. I had to take it out, and two minutes later, the piercing closed off to the point I couldn't pop it back through.

It's something you seriously need to consider, and reconsider before going through with it. And, again, like I said, if I'm talking about the wrong thing, please correct me!

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Anti eyebrow piercing - what do you think? - March 2nd 2012, 02:51 PM

To be honest, I don't like how it looks. And as Shannon mentioned, you've got to keep job opportunities in mind. I want to throw it out there that my sister has dermals on her chest and they look really nice. So if you were wearing a v-neck or a dress, it'll look really nice. Just something to look into besides the facial piercing because you can hide and show the chest ones off just as well. Ultimately, it's your decision, do what YOU want to do.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Anti eyebrow piercing - what do you think? - March 2nd 2012, 03:23 PM

First off, Shannon, you're close but not quite, it's not micro-dermals, anti-eyebrow piercings are actually a surface piercing, it's one bar that goes under the skin but has two visible outside studs, however some people choose to get the look of an anti-eyebrow piercing with the lesser rejection rate of dermal anchors, but technically an anti-eyebrow is a surface piercing, just to clear things up a bit

Now to answer the OP, in the end it's whether you like it or not, but one thing to point out as Shannon and Brittany have, you should start considering about how hard it may be to get a job with this piercing. You will either have to take it out completely, or in some cases, they'll make you wear a band-aid over it. In my opinion it'd be best to get a job and stick with it for a bit if it's what feels right, then go ahead and get the piercing after you're in a stable job. But they'll still ask you to a) remove the whole piece of jewelry, b) just remove the top studs, but you can keep the bar in, c) wear band-aids over it, or the less likely d) ask you to only wear a retainer in it. Note that that last option is rarely ever considered by work places, but it does happen sometimes. Also in my personal opinion, I do really fancy the look of anti-eyebrow piercings, but understand that they are generally a surface piercing and surface piercings have a high rejection rate, if you are going to get this piercing but would rather it almost surely stay for more than a few months, I think it would be worth it to invest a tiny bit more into two microdermals in the same location as the heads of the surface bar would've been. They have a much lesser rejection rate, a quicker healing time, and generally are more likely to not only be accepted by the body, but last longer as well. If you choose this route, and got a job, the job would ask you to either pop off the tops, put a bandaid over them or both.

You are worth it keep-holdin-on.tumblr.com

"It's all well and good to apologize to me but if at the end of the day I still mean so little to you, then treat me like a puppy and leave me on the street you dumped me on, don't come back to pick me up just so you can drop me on the concrete again." -Cheye Masters

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)

Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily. Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Intoxication Offline
Forever and Always

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Anti eyebrow piercing - what do you think? - March 3rd 2012, 12:35 AM

It would be very difficult to find work if you have that piercing. That in mind, I think they look very cool If you don't plan on working for awhile, then I say go for it but you'll have to take it out eventually because surface piercings do have a higher rejection rate.

~~~
HelpLINK Mentor & Project Advisor

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Formerly known as Ryan.
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

Re: Anti eyebrow piercing - what do you think? - March 3rd 2012, 12:58 AM

I think they're attractive on girls.

But... use the logical advice above, too.

RYAN.
At your service.

We grow and gain sapience and we learn what's important.

We were meant to live for so much more; have we lost ourselves somewhere we live inside?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
LadyLeila Offline
Average Joe

Re: Anti eyebrow piercing - what do you think? - March 3rd 2012, 02:30 PM

Ok, so I ended up getting it! I went with an anti eyebrow microdermal. Getting it put in hurt SOO bad - definitely the most painful piercing so far. However, I love the results . I'm still in high school, and will be entering college next fall, so I'm not worried about a job quite yet. I have a few years to think about it, but for now I'm really loving it. I attached a picture so you all can take a look!

Thank you for all of your opinions/advice

--Alexa Lauren

...Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

(#8 (permalink)) Old
LadyLeila Offline
Average Joe

Re: Anti eyebrow piercing - what do you think? - March 3rd 2012, 02:30 PM

http://pinterest.com/pin/28006828902706261/

--Alexa Lauren

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Chelley Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Anti eyebrow piercing - what do you think? - March 3rd 2012, 02:57 PM

^looks good.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
DeadlySin Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Re: Anti eyebrow piercing - what do you think? - March 3rd 2012, 05:00 PM

It's a surface piercing, which is more than likely to reject and have healing issues. If I were to do that, I'd say go with a microdermal and a single one. So then you can just have one sparkly by your eye. Easier to care for, not as noticeable or distracting.

Pansexual. Problematically Pierced. Tainted with Tattoos. Disturbed and Depressed. And a Lost Realist.
Got a question? I might just have an answer. Feel free to PM me.
  Send a message via AIM to DeadlySin Send a message via MSN to DeadlySin Send a message via Yahoo to DeadlySin Send a message via Skype™ to DeadlySin 
Closed Thread