TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   Work Review (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t154953-work-review/)

Kate* February 18th 2018 04:33 AM

Work Review

I had my 6 month review at work tonight. I got a 3 month, I'll get a 1 year and then yearly after that. At 3 months I was meeting expectations and everything was great. This time, same thing except they think that it takes me too long to get through everything and there are other parts of my job that I haven't done. I let them know it was mostly due to lack of training (and lack of a box cutter), and not wanting to bother management. They said all I have to do is ask and they'll teach me. Plus, they hired two more people after me, so I get done faster than I used to so I should be doing other things and I have time to learn them. If their only problems are that the excellent job I'm doing takes me too long, I need to ask for training, and I need a box cutter, I can live with that! I was also eligible for a raise, which he made it sound like I'm getting and if I do it will start with my next paycheck.

Ennui. February 18th 2018 04:36 AM

Re: Work Review

Woo, I am glad to hear that your review was mostly good and that their suggestions on things to fix seem to be very doable! Also congratulations on the potential raise! Keep it up. :)

Celyn February 18th 2018 02:03 PM

Well done for getting a good work review! And that you are eligible for a raise- that's great! Good on you :)

Storyteller. February 19th 2018 12:14 AM

It's great that you're doing so well, and that there are easy fixes for the areas that need improvement. :D

DeletedAccount69 February 19th 2018 12:23 AM

It is great that you are eligible for a raise and that the things you need to improve on have easy solutions. :)

DeletedAccount29 February 19th 2018 07:03 PM

I'm glad to hear you got a good review and your work is going well! :)

Arabesque- golfing girl. February 19th 2018 08:17 PM

That is wonderful! Hugs.

Dawn. February 25th 2018 04:01 AM

Yay! :D

Good job!

Kate* February 25th 2018 04:42 AM

I didn't end up getting the raise, which I'm fine with, but I'm going to ask the guy who made it sound like I should have gotten one to make sure it's not a mistake.

DeletedAccount29 February 25th 2018 09:01 PM

Oh, dear. Yeah, I would definitely follow up on that with your supervisor!

I'm never told I am getting a raise until it's official, IE at my review meeting. I work at a small business, so my supervisor has to meet with the board to go over the annual budget and what my co-worker and I should be paid in the upcoming fiscal year.

Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding. :hug:

Kate* March 3rd 2018 04:28 AM

I got my raise after all and the back pay from my last check, and started my first 401K which I'll get a 50% match!

Ennui. March 3rd 2018 04:48 AM

Woohoo, even bigger congrats!